Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Rebuilding Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some Rebuilding Success

I pulled my credit report in August, only to find 6 negative accounts with 9 total dings. 

AMEX - 30 day late - $0

Metlife Home Loan - 2 consecutive 30 day lates

Sallie Mae - 90 day late

Wells Fargo Student Loan - 3 consecutive 30 day lates

Synchrony Bank - 30 and 60 day late - $0

Fox Collection - $129

So I started my research into all of these and decided on the following:

AMEX - Goodwill (removed this week)

Synchrony Bank - Goodwill (removed)

Sallie Mae - Goodwill to Student advocate (pending)

Fox Collections - paid but attempts to goodwill have failed (didn't realize that it wasn't taken care of by the Insurance)

Metlife - Disputing - Never late (pending)

Wells Fargo - not sure how to proceed with this.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Some Rebuilding Success

Way to go!!! you need to GW the paid collection to death. i would send letters, call, and email. Don't take no for an answer. That one off will help alot.

Message 2 of 8
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Way to go!!! you need to GW the paid collection to death. i would send letters, call, and email. Don't take no for an answer. That one off will help alot.

Well, possibly. Individual collections coming off, while helpful and usually providing score boosts, may not help too much at first if you still have a lot. The more recent it is, and the closer to your only collection it is, the more it will help.

You have made an awesome start and really seem to be on the right track. May I ask why you are not sure of how to deal with WF?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

These are all the negatives I have on my report.  My EX score in August was 620, I was in the 700s last year prior to that collection being added. The Amex blemish happened this summer so I know that hurt quite a bit.  I plan to buy a brand new car next summer (its about time), so i want to be able to get the best rates possible.  So over the course of 6 weeks I've been able to remove 3 of the 9 negatives, I fully anticipate that the two from Metlife (that are about 3 years old) will be removed as well.  I'm aiming to have all reports back to no negatives reporting.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrads!

Could you share a goodwill letter you sent out? Hoping to learn from yours to hopefully get some of my CO status removed :/

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!.....Thanks for sharing...Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

**A quick update.**  I heard back from Sallie Mae (Navient) and they've not found any error on their part and as a result won't remove the 90 day late.  That's very disappointing but I will say that I didn't have my hopes up that high. 

As suggested, I'm goodwilling that collection to death, lets hope I find some success with that major derog.

I'm having a heck of a time with the Metlife dispute.  Since Metlife Home Loan division went out of business, the CRA "verified" the account with my new loan servicer, Green Tree.  I submitted my dispute directly to Green Tree with a document from my bank indicating the dates and remittance numbers for the 2 payments being disputed.  They've come back and said that they won't remove without more information AND that they CAN"T remove any information from a previous servicer.  My annoyance comes from the fact that they verified the information with the CRA, so it stands to reason that they can correct that info as well.  I've submitted another dispute with the CRAs along with the document from my bank AND the statements from that time period.  We'll see what happens. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a cosigner on the WF for my hubby.  WF is showing conflicting data on 2 different credit reports (i haven't check Equifax) AND I'm questioning the total number of lates. To be a bit more specific, the loan came out of its grace period with the first due date of Dec 1st. He didn't make a payment until January 31.  My 3 reports are showing different months for the lates. Specifically, Experian is showing late Nov, Dec, Jan and TU is showing Dec, Jan, Feb.  Since it wasn't due in Nov, i'm not sure how they are showing 30 day late in Nov. Also, he started repayment in Jan, so how is it showing 30 day late in Feb on the other report. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.