Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some help!?

tag
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Some help!?

A little about me:

Layoff 5 years ago resulted in a horrid horrid credit drop. Everything I had was CO, repo'd my car, and ended up with 3 judgements.

I've slowly..very slowly been able to build my score from the MId-400s to 552. (FICO). I started with a  Fingerhut FreshStart installment loan..built it it to a Fingerhut CC with 800 Limit..after several months and several denials was able to qualify a Cap One Secured now with a 275 limit. Just yesterday, the shopping cart trick got me a CC with Express...not sure of my limit. 

Im in SERIOUS need of an auto loan ASAP. My financial situation prevents me from being able to save up to buy a car in cash, but I can afford a roughly 350/mo payment. I want to get my credit in the best position when I go to apply at the end of this Month. Any ideas.?..No late payments on any of my recent accounts. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Some help!?

What else is reporting on your credit report that holding your score down? 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 5
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

I have 1 open judgement that the CU said they would report closed but they haven't. Severeal Midland collections that they've charged horrible extra interest on and no matter how much I've disputed they won't budge...and I can't begin to afford to pay them.

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

I have 1 open judgement that the CU said they would report closed but they haven't. Severeal Midland collections that they've charged horrible extra interest on and no matter how much I've disputed they won't budge...and I can't begin to afford to pay them.

The plaintiff by law must report the judgment paid with a satisfaction to the court if this is a local CU go to the office and get a letter stating the judgment is satisfied. On any paid judgment you want to file motions in the court that granted them to vacate on grounds they have been paid, if this is granted they are gone from your CRs now. If you are just now getting your credit cards its going to take more than the end of the month before you will be in a postion to buy a car with any reasonable interest rate. Your only shot at a good rate with the score you have now is going to be a CU no major bank will bite IMO. To maximize Fico you are going to need 3 revolving bankcards and they can be secured or unsecured, you already have the store card(s).

Message 4 of 5
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Thx.

I'll have to give the vacating a try, but as far as i know in my state (Maryland) they only report as satisfied and do not vacate the judgement. They said they would wipe the interest on the last judgement and close it but they have not yet. I'm assuming because I have one delinquent account with them that they are waiting for me to pay off, but still don't have the money.

As far as the CCs ..my Cap 1 i've had for 2mos now the fingerhut has been since last August.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.