Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some one Please Helpppppp

tag
frio
Frequent Contributor

Some one Please Helpppppp

Hey everyone here is what is going on.  So Diverisfied Adjustments has a collection on my CR last reported 4/06.  I call them and give my ssn and full name and they can not bring up any information in their systems.  To top it off they are rude and hang up on me.  Said Fine if you have no info on my and I have proof on my CR that your company has a collections listed under "unpaid" Then i can provide it to you and you can contact the CRA's to remove it and all I get is a no we cant help we cant find any info on you.  So i contact the OC and they cant find any information on me either.  No account number nothing.  What can I do to resolve this ???

Starting Score: 589 / TU: 600
Current Score: 696 / TU: 696
Goal Score: 700 / TU: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: Some one Please Helpppppp

Send Diversified Adjustments a DV letter/email. ....

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you know who the OC was? 

If you have absolutely no recolation of what this account is and believe it is not yours, dispute with the CRAs.  If you are familiar with the OC then it's possible this CA sold the account.  In which case I would DV the CA.

Message 3 of 5
frio
Frequent Contributor

Sorry in the midst of everything going on I forgot to Mention I sent a DV to Diversified Adjustments on 11/3  just waiting to hear from them.  But over the phone they are no help and very very rude.  The collections section on my CR from equifax states the OC is Nextel Communications. 

Starting Score: 589 / TU: 600
Current Score: 696 / TU: 696
Goal Score: 700 / TU: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

My recommendation is to find some reason to dispute the accuracy of their credit reporting.

A DV letter, while fine, wont mandate what you want.  First, if not sent within the 30-days following their dunning notice (unless you live in Texas), it does not even envoke the cease collections bar of FDCAP 809(b) as an incentive for them to provide any validation.  So you dont set any period for compelling response.

A dispute, on the other hand, compels completion of an investigation and response back to you within approx. 30-days.  You do need to conjure up some assertion of inaccuracy in their credit reporting, but if you can, my recommendtion is to compel investigation and a set period for response by filing a dispute.

I would additionally recommend, for numerous reasons, that any dispute you file be sent directly to the furnisher of the information using the direct dispute process rather than filing a dispute through a CRA.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.