Someone PLEASE HELP!

tag
Lma5777

Someone PLEASE HELP!

Negatives

2 Collection accounts: $102  1/09      $130  3/09  one reporting 8/13

2 charge-offs: $103  6/10   $0  3/08 both reporting as of  8/13

Positives

2 paid off installment loans: paid off 4/08   (1 30 day late)

2 credit cards: paid on time since opened  2/13

3 inquiries 12/12 

Equifax Fico:637

Im new to this forum and currently trying to rebuild my credit score up lost my job when the recession hit and my credit suffered since finding this website i've been obsessed with fixing my credit score I only owe $335 total need advice on what I could do to put myself in a better position to be approved for a  prime card should I pay those balances thats currently reporting any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks ahead of time to anyone that gives input. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Someone PLEASE HELP!

Hi. Welcome to the forum.

Here's some light reading for you...Smiley Wink

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Frequently-Requested-Threads/td-p/224981

Others will jump in as the day goes.

Message 2 of 4
Lma5777

Thanks alot burned, but if someone could give me some advice on MY credit situation it would help out alot.

Message 3 of 4
Shokk
Established Contributor

That's not a terribly high amount on your collections.  Call or send a letter and ask for a PFD.  If you do it by phone, get something in writing before you pay.  If they won't PFD, pay them and then start a GW campaign.

For the charge offs, the onyl real option is GW letters to see if you can have them removed.  What kind of debt is it?  Credit card companies don't seem to be doing goodwill deletions unless they can find an error on their end.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.