Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone tell me WHY???

tag
bubbles0605
Regular Contributor

Someone tell me WHY???

A judgment that was DISMISSED is STILL on my exp report even after I sent the documents clearly stating it was dismissed and they wrote back saying they updated to paid, which it wasnt updated. then i dispute b/c it is supposed to be off the cr b/c it is DISMISSED and they send me an email with dispute results that say updated to paid. WTF??? What do I do now????

Starting Exp-545, TU-531,EQ-515
DH starting Exp-503,TU-486,EQ-470
short term goal: mine-600, DH-550
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Someone tell me WHY???

send ITS letter to CRA stating they are in violation of FCRA for reporting wrong information and be ready to sue in Small Claims Court - they will listen to that.
Message 2 of 9
bubbles0605
Regular Contributor

NOW, i get a TC alert, and it says "public record updated / changed". ok , so I go to the public record file and it says "status: filed'

WHAT in the world is going on? Am I wrong to assume that DISMISSED means just that, DISMISSED! I am so sick over this i want to cry. Someone please help!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you send them the ITS letter?
Message 4 of 9
bubbles0605
Regular Contributor

Not yet Demed. Was going to do that today as a matter of fact.

is there any sample ITS letters?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

search the site - if you don't find anything you like, PM me and I will dig a sample out that you can modify to your liking - it would be later tonight or tomorrow
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please adapt freely and use as you like. As usual, YMMV.

USPS Certified Letter # 7008 1300 0001 8869 6236

September 5, 2008

TransUnion
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19022-2000

RE: incorrect information on my TransUnion credit file (file #1234567890)

Notice of FCRA violation and intent to sue

To Whom It May Concern,

In my letter dated August 7th, 2008, as expressly permitted by FCRA and under the provision of FCRA § 611(a)(7),  I notified Transunion that the following information is incorrect:

• - Description of the wrong info and why

In my same letter dated August 7th, 2008, as expressly permitted by FCRA and under the provision of FCRA § 611(a)(7),  I requested Transunion:

• - to amend information in my credit report file by using my proof of...
    Or to amend information by investigating with the reporting entity ....;

As of today September 5, 2008, TransUnion decided to ignore my requests.

FCRA Section 611(a)(1)(A)clearly states that upon receipt of a dispute, a Credit Reporting Bureau such as TransUnion is to perform an investigation. Obviously, this did not hold true of my dispute dated August 7, and August 19, 2008 .

According to the FCRA, TransUnion is responsible for verifying the accuracy of information contained in consumer credit report files, and investigate purpose when accuracy of its reports is disputed. Ignoring a dispute or referring me to the party responsible for the inquiry is not an option according to the FCRA.

Because of your disregard for my request expressly authorized by the FCRA, I am demanding that the disputed information be amended immediately as requested or deleted from my credit report. I am guaranteed, by law, that you will report with 100% accuracy and that any information contained in my file I dispute will be investigated. In this case, you have proven that this has not been done.

TransUnion now has 5 (FIVE) days from receipt of this letter to properly amend as requested.

After that time, I shall file suit without further communication. I shall also immediately file complaints with the BBB, the AG offices in my and your home States, and the FTC, regarding this matter.

Sincerely,
my name
my address
my SSN:
my Date of birth:

Message 7 of 9
rudy
Regular Contributor

From reading your thread, they did what you asked. They updated the account. But if you wanted them to remove the account from your report, then send them a letter stating just that. Along with a copy of your proof
Message 8 of 9
bubbles0605
Regular Contributor

Thank you Demed!Smiley Happy

Rudy, When I sent the copy of the court docs to all 3 cra's , I did ask them to delete from CR. They only updated. and like i said (eq) only updated to "filed" not even "paid". None have responded with a deletion.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.