Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something Odd with TU Report - Recent Late Reported

tag
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Something Odd with TU Report - Recent Late Reported

I use SW for alerts and to monitor my EQ FICO score.  My EX and TU FAKO scores were close to my EQ FICO so I never was concerned about them.  I also regularly pull my reports directly from the CRA's, and the information across all 3 is essentially the same.

Today I decided I wanted my EX and TU FICO scores and pulled the reports and received the scores.  As you can see in my signature, TU is quite a bit lower than the others. When reading the details of my reports, my TU says:

Your most recent late payment happened 9 Months ago

Most FICO High Achievers , about 93%, have no missed payments at all. But of those who do have a missed payment, it happened nearly 4 years ago, on average

I do not see this on either my EX or EQ reports pulled here.  I know for a fact I have not been late in 3 years and the account details on the TU report pulled here as well as my report pulled directly from TU also bears this out.

The question is where does this come from?  Do I need to contact TU directly?

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Something Odd with TU Report - Recent Late Reported

Identify the late first by which lender then call them up and explain the mistake.

Most will be happy to update their error 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, look through your EQ report. Look for any CO or collection that updated 9 months ago. Specifically look for any updated baddie with a Reported Date or DOLA of March/April of this year. An update can cause FICO to look at an older baddie as a recent one.

Message 3 of 4
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

@llecs wrote:

OP, look through your EQ report. Look for any CO or collection that updated 9 months ago. Specifically look for any updated baddie with a Reported Date or DOLA of March/April of this year. An update can cause FICO to look at an older baddie as a recent one.

Interesting.  I do have a baddie reporting on all 3 reports, all with different DOLA's.  On EX it's Not Available; On EQ it's Jun 2008; and on TU it's Feb 2013 (9 months ago).  Perhaps even more interesting is both EX and EQ are reporting 90+ delinquency while TU is not reporting any delinquency.

EX:

Status as of Feb, 2013
Date opened Jan, 2008
Date of last activity Not Available
Account number 1082XXXXXXXXXXXX
Loan type Secured By Household Goods & Other Collateral
Terms 36 Months
Balance Current Status
$0 Paid account/was delinquent 150
days past due date
Seven year payment history
30 days late 0 times
60 days late 1 time ()
90+ days late 4 times (Dec 2009)
Worst Delinquency
150 days delinquent

EQ:

Status as of Nov, 2013
Date opened Jan, 2008
Date of last activity Jun, 2008
Account number XXXXXXXXXXXX6040
Largest past balance $0
Scheduled Payment Amount $0
Descriptions
Closed or paid account / zero balance
Charged off account
Balance Current Status
$0 Bad debt/collection
30 days late 0 times
60 days late 1 time
90+ days late 5 times (Jan 2010, Dec 2009, Nov 2009)
Worst Delinquency
Bad debt/collection

TU:

Status as of Mar, 2013
Date opened Jan, 2008
Date of last activity Feb, 2013
Date closed Mar, 2013
Account number XXXXXXXXXXXX6040
Scheduled Payment Amount $260
Descriptions
Paid in full/was a charge off
Balance Current Status
$0 Payment after charge off/collection
30 days late 0 times
60 days late 0 times
90+ days late 0 times
Worst Delinquency
None Reported

Looks like a Direct Dispute is in order.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.