cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes paying off old accounts DOES raise your score!

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sometimes paying off old accounts DOES raise your score!

@CS800 wrote:

Wait so does this mean that after I pay off all my 3 BoA charge offs, the account will become positive.

On all 3 cards DOFD is Around May 2007 I believe. IT would be good if tye become positive once PIF. Even better if the lates 90+ disappear. One can dream but it seems like there are mixed results depending on the company.

IMO, YMMV based on creditor, but if it did become positive, it would be at the 7-7.5 yr mark. I think my example was a fluke, but I have heard of OCs turning positive at the end of CRTP. And certainly not everyone will do that. I had a First Premier CO that deleted at CRTP and DW had a paid CO with CapOne that deleted at CRTP, as opposed to turning positive.

Message 11 of 16
mauve
Valued Contributor

OP, what's your DoFD? 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 16
Purrfection
Established Member

The DOFD was 11/2004

Message 13 of 16
mauve
Valued Contributor

Weird, I thought that the DoLA was in 2003, and it seems wrong that the DoLA is before the DoFD. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 16
sweetness50
Established Member

Hello, I was wondering how did you get in contact with WFNNB if you have a number please pm it to me.THANKS

Message 15 of 16
alleycat1975
Regular Contributor

I actually had Experian say "this report is scheduled to go positive xx days"   Kid you not.   However it was for a student loan that i had from 2001, went late in 2004, was included in BK chap 13 in 2004 and didn't get paid off while in BK..   Essentially that 30 day late fell off due to age and they moved it into a positive status..   That was kind of neat lol.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.