Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southern Management

tag
acemssg
New Visitor

Southern Management

4 Years ago I had a townhouse that was inappropriately assessed a charge 3,971 that has since been charged off to Southern Management.

I would like to have this removed from all 3 of my credit reports as the charge is completely bogus. 

How should I go about doing this? Through southern management? Or through all major credit compainies?

Does anyone have any experiance with Southern Management; Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank You

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Southern Management

What is Southern Management? Is this a collections agency? Is this an HOA company?

If it is filed against your townhome, it would have to be a lien. Did they file a lien against your townhome?

If so, getting it off your credit report is the least of your concerns.

Go to your public records of your county and look up your name to see what filings are against you and/or your townhome to get an idea of what you are dealing with in this action. Once you take care of the lien, then you can get it off of your credit report. First thing to do is your research.

By the way, Welcome to the Forums! Smiley Happy

Remember, even if it is a lien or a judgment, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is accurate. It is just that they are handled differently.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Southern Management

You can dispute the accuracy of their reporting directly to them by sending a direct dispute, providing your supporting documentation.

They must investigate and respond to the dispute within 30 days.

If they determine, after conducting a reasoable investigation, that they have basis for the accuracy of their reporting, they can verify.

In verification of a dispute, they are not required to provide their documentation or "prove" the accuracy.

Their statement that  they have found the information to be accurate (i.e., they verify) is adequate to resolve the dispute.

To get the documentation and evidence before a third party authorized to require all documentation and make a binding determination, you would need to bring civil action challenging the legitimacy of the debt. Start with a direct dispute, and hope they agree with its inaccuracy.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.