Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southwest Credit Systems Mysterious Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Southwest Credit Systems Mysterious Account

So today I refresh my report from USAA and have a collection showing up on my Transunion only from Southwest Credit Systems for $413 that I have absolutly no idea what it could be from. I have never received a dunning notice. I didnt even get an alert from USAA monitoring or MyFIco. What is the best way to proceed to stop this from causing any more damage? Should I do a DV to them directly? Should I mention that I have never received a dunning notice or any communication for that matter? Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Southwest Credit Systems Mysterious Account

I tried to look the account up on their site by SS#, but they cant find an account for my SS#.

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@hsayre wrote:

So today I refresh my report from USAA and have a collection showing up on my Transunion only from Southwest Credit Systems for $413 that I have absolutly no idea what it could be from. I have never received a dunning notice. I didnt even get an alert from USAA monitoring or MyFIco. What is the best way to proceed to stop this from causing any more damage? Should I do a DV to them directly? Should I mention that I have never received a dunning notice or any communication for that matter? Thanks

Send them a DV immediately http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Debt-Validation/m-p/7133

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I sent out a simple DV via certified mail with signature return request. I will try to update once something happens.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.