Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southwest Credit Systems Shows Up During CtC

tag
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Southwest Credit Systems Shows Up During CtC

Southwest Credit Systems just showed up on my EX credit report today for a Comcast bill from 4 or 5 years ago that I received no information for.

It's only for $300 but they back dated it for last year. I'm about to receive a clear to close on a mortgage and it just really freaked me out. My LO says it's not going to be a problem and I'm supposed to close by 5/26.

Just worried and don't want this thing ruining everything. It dropped my mortgage score to 625 from a 628.

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Re: Southwest Credit Systems Shows Up During CtC

Forgot to add it says that it's in dispute and I have never even seen this account before...maybe it's a mix up.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you know its not your account, use the ID Theft provision of FCRA 605B to get it removed quickly and easily, within a few days.

Message 3 of 9
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

It might be mine though. A letter has been sent to them today. This account is dated for 2013, if I pay it and can't get it deleted my score may tank. We had Comcast years ago and my spouse said she took care of it and they didn't even send a letter.

These guys just seem very shady. I only have 2 weeks to fix this.

Message 4 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

A 3 pt differential isnt going to cause a problem. It has showed up now because of your mortgage pulls all unpaid creditors do who can still report, they know that they can stop your closing until they are taken care of. Since you say it could be yours I would suggest a call be made to the CA and a PFD agreement be made, they should have no problem with it they are not really interested in stopping your close they just care about the money.

Message 5 of 9
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Ok thank you. I'll see what they say. My LO isn't really worried yet. They told me not to pay it until the underwriter gets back to us. It may be a non issue...hopefully.

Message 6 of 9
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Just an update, it did not affect anything with getting a clear to close. Told not to touch it until after. I guess it's only an issue even it's large amounts when it is calculated in your DTI. Hopefully they do a PFD since they never tried to contact me by phone or mail.

Thanks for the help!

Message 7 of 9
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

Should a letter be sent using that code?

Current FICO 08 as of 06/01/2015 TU 648 EQ 624 EX 602
FICO Mortgage Scores TU 594 EQ 540 EX 642

Message 8 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.