cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southwest credit systems collection

tag
bl19811

Southwest credit systems collection

Does anyone know or have any luck with pfd?
|Capital One QS1 1.3k|Capital One Platinum MC 1.5k|Credit One Visa 600|Dell 2k|Fingerhut 300|
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Southwest credit systems collection

No matter the success rate, I think it is worth trying. You have nothing to lose but a lot to gain if it would work.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 16
bl19811

Just talked to te original creditors Comcast and t mobile. Said if I pay in full and they will have southwest credit systems remove the collections.
|Capital One QS1 1.3k|Capital One Platinum MC 1.5k|Credit One Visa 600|Dell 2k|Fingerhut 300|
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same thing happen. I paid Comcast and they did tell me that they would recall the debt from SW. I called again for clarification and they told me they don't take back the debt, just let SW know that the debt has been satisfied. I even emailed Comcast corporate and got a phone call back but was told they can't do anything. I also emailed and sent letters to SW with no reply back. Only by the grace of God, SW and Comcast removed the collection from my reports. So I would try all avenues even if it seems like it's not helping!!
Message 4 of 16
Trying37
Valued Member

They refused my request for a PFD so I paid the bill through the OC (Time Warner) then disputed the info (since I don't recall this debt at all). Ex removed it immediately (within hours). TU and EQ just updated it to PIF on my credit report, but did not remove. I'm thinking of disputing again, but not sure if I should.

Message 5 of 16
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

By paying the OC whIle the CA still had collection authority all the CA is required to do is to update the account to paid with a zero balance. You got lucky that it was deleted from EX.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm having the samem issue with SW, I had an account with Comcast and I never received the last bill and now it has been turned over to SW and is on all three of the credit bureaus. Do you suggest paying it in full first, send a pay for delete or a goodwill letter? I am totally pissed because I was on the right track to rebuilding my credit and had no collections and along comes SW!! Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

Message 7 of 16
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I'm having the samem issue with SW, I had an account with Comcast and I never received the last bill and now it has been turned over to SW and is on all three of the credit bureaus. Do you suggest paying it in full first, send a pay for delete or a goodwill letter? I am totally pissed because I was on the right track to rebuilding my credit and had no collections and along comes SW!! Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

I'd start with a PFD.  It gives you a little more leverage.  Always worth a try.  Best of luck to  you.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. I called and spoke with two rep at SW AND they said they don't delete they can only put PIF. Should I still send in the PFD? This is really bothering me. 

Message 9 of 16
Trying37
Valued Member

Hey guys, I signed up with Collection Shield 360 and they got it removed from my other two reports! woo hoo!
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.