Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific Credit Score Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Specific Credit Score Help

Hello, obviously I have some blemishes on my credit score, however, I have paid everything last item off. I started with a massive Sallie Mae student loan. I actually settled for less than I owed but paid it all in one lump sum. All 11 student loans show settled for less than owed.
I had two tax liens I didn't know about but I paid those off in full but they're only 1.3yrs old on my report.
I had Verizon, ATT and TimeWarner send me to collections and I paid those in full. I tried to get them removed in exchange for paid in full but none would budge. I paid in full to the collection agency anyhow.
I have a Chase Reddit card with $4000 limit and a Credit One card with a $950. Any balance is small and paid immediately just for card usage. However, both are opened about 2yrs ago.
Finally, I still have about $20k federal student loan I am paying off but the interest is super low so that has been the least aggressive.
With all that said, my score is 628 according to Experian. What can I do to improve to 680 (or above) ASAP??? Thank you in advance.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Specific Credit Score Help

Also, for some reason, the credit companies have my birth year wrong on my credit report. Is there anything thing I can do with that?
Message 2 of 5
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Unless you can get those items that you paid for off your credit, you can't do much. As it stands you have paid off all those accounts even if it is less than full balance so now you have to wait patiently and let those entries age. As they age, you will get few points here and there. 

Also if you can, drop Credit One, go to CapOne and see if you qualify for any cards. Any of the late accounts are going to count against you in terms of your payment history so unless you get it to 100% its not going to help you that much.Of course if someone thinks I am not wrong on anything, please feel free to rectify that.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info! Any reason to drop Credit One for a CapitalOne card? Other than the yearly fee, I know CreditOne is a junk card but at the time I thought it was all I could get. I've only kept it open because I didn't want to take the hit of lowering my limit or just keeping it and adding another hard credit pull to my credit report.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

As for the wrong birthday, send a copy of your license and ssn with a utility bill to the CRA and let them know that their information is wrong. Had the same issue with my hubby
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.