Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speechless

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Speechless

Hi Everyone, I have been actively rebuilding my credit since November and it is much thanks to your posts. I went from my lowest score of 562(ex) to (661)ex as of january 10th. So  in a little over two months.

I have been alerted regarding an "old debt" (Old ATT home phone and internet) that has JUST posted to my report that I need to dispute because I havent seen this on my account nor did the company try to contact me. I also have TWO different services (ATT wireless and uverse)with them still so its not like they couldn't have called me about this two years ago. It needs to be off my account! I need some pointers because I am so livid right now I can't see straight.

Did I mention I just got approve for Costco Amex, Walmart ($700), and GE Store Card ($5000) as of yesterday evening? Is there any way the companies will see this and cancel their credit to me? I want to dispute this to the highest extent because I remember calling ATT at the end of my cancellation to move to the new system and they said I owed nothing!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Speechless

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone, I have been actively rebuilding my credit since November and it is much thanks to your posts. I went from my lowest score of 562(ex) to (661)ex as of january 10th. So  in a little over two months.

I have been alerted regarding an "old debt" (Old ATT home phone and internet) that has JUST posted to my report that I need to dispute because I havent seen this on my account nor did the company try to contact me. I also have TWO different services (ATT wireless and uverse)with them still so its not like they couldn't have called me about this two years ago. It needs to be off my account! I need some pointers because I am so livid right now I can't see straight.

Did I mention I just got approve for Costco Amex, Walmart ($700), and GE Store Card ($5000) as of yesterday evening? Is there any way the companies will see this and cancel their credit to me? I want to dispute this to the highest extent because I remember calling ATT at the end of my cancellation to move to the new system and they said I owed nothing!

If you were approved, they approved you with it on there already... if you just got approved..

secondly; who is the old debt with? EOS-CCA?

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 11
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Is the debt valid?

How old is the debt?

Who is reporting the debt? OC or CA?

Message 3 of 11
electra
Established Contributor

Send DV CMRRR immediately.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

ATT dofd jan 2011 through enhanced recovery corp
Message 5 of 11
kk627
New Contributor

This happened to me last month. I was doing so well and then...BAM...back to 500's. I was freaking out. It was an old Sprint bill that Enhanced Recovery was trying to collect. It had fallen off months before and then it just appeared again. I disputed it with Ex and TU and the results came back"deleted"! IT never showed up on EQ. Maybe you should try that route first.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if its valid ill need to do research of the last bill and first bill of the uverse account I transferred to.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I freaked out on the CA guy and he didnt like it very much. I forewarned him that this debt wasn't valid since I received no notice from AT&T and I still have accounts with them open.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks everyone this is the first collections I've dealt with, not sure if its valid. I will CV, is it ok to CV via email or should I snail mail it cmrrr?
Message 9 of 11
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok thanks everyone this is the first collections I've dealt with, not sure if its valid. I will CV, is it ok to CV via email or should I snail mail it cmrrr?

Always DV via CMRRR through postal. This is the only way to hold them to their statutory requirments if you need to push back on them via lawsuit

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.