cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sphinx313's Credit Journal. The road to 700!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sphinx313's Credit Journal. The road to 700!

Great credit story...Congrats and best wishes!!

Message 91 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep posting!!

I just read this entire thread, I appreciate you sharing it and very much appreciate your honesty.    

And as a medical professional, SHEESH the dental thing!  So glad you finally got diagnosed and treated!

I wish you well and I look forward to updates!

Message 92 of 98
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Hey, thanks for reading. Yes, the medical part really sucked and I am still kind of dealing with that now only my symptoms are much less aggressive.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 93 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

An amazing journey to say the least. I read every word and appreciate the time you took to document so others can learn too. I have just begun my journey as well in credit improvement and hope to have the cajones u do to conquer my credit problems. Wishing you better health. Cheers!!
Message 94 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please continue to post your success. Your journey has inspired me to really take control of my credit.
Message 95 of 98
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Keep it going sphinx!! You're doing great!!

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 96 of 98
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Hey All,

I guess I am on a 6 month update spree at this point, lol. A decent amount has changed yet again. I have finally hit 680! And I refi'd my Camaro with DCU for 2.4%. Boy did it feel good talking to some co-worker's about my rate and having them be impressed by it. For some unknown reason, A LOT of my baddies just disappeared. They weren't ready to, and I sure didn't do anything to make them go away, so we're just going to stay quiet on that one.

Wal-mart: $400 Currently at $1,100!

Best Buy: $500 CLOSED, I never recommend getting a Best Buy card.

Kay Jewelers: $2,500 (Up from $800 when I got it. Big time bump.) $5,000. Scary. My wife gives me looks.

Amazon: $600 Currently at $1,300.

Barclay Rewards: $1,500 ($500 starting. Nice increase.) Currently at $4,330!!!

Capital One: $1,500 (Credit Steps $500 starting. Good progress.) Currently at $5,500 AND a World MasterCard!!!!

Chase Freedom: $500 (Same as when opened.) $500. I have a feeling this card will never grow since I got it in such a bad credit situation, but I'll keep it.

PayPal Smart Connect: $300 (Same as when opened.) Still $300. Trash. Currently $2,800 AND being promoted to Paypal Extras MC!!

Macy's: $800 ($300 starting. Progress!) Probably still $800, I don't use or track this card anymore.

DCU Visa: $5,000 Still $5,000.

GM Buypower Cadillac WEMC: $300. What. A. Joke. Lol. Still a joke.

CareCredit: $3,000 Still $3,000

Discover: $1,500 Still $1,500

Chase Slate $500

American Express Gold: NPSL

Bank of America BankAmericard $1,000

Stuff just really started to go crazy. The fact that I am still under 700 after like, 4-5 years on this journey kinda sucks, but take it from someone who is LIVING the ACTUAL grind, not the BS you see where people are magically making all of their baddies go away. If you are STUCK with terrible agencies and derog's on your report, I welcome you! Some of these cards started at a MERE $500. It has been so much fun watching all of this unfold. UTI is about 27% and I am still working to bring that number down but a lot of it is interest free stuff I am just taking advantage of. I have something like 20-28 inq's across all reports, mostly for car loans. I have been through a lot of cars the last few years, lol. Any questions, feel free to PM me! I'd love to help keep you motivated if I can.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 97 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very inspiring to read! On my journey for a few months now. How is your medial stuff?

Message 98 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.