cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sphinx313's Credit Journal. The road to 700!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sphinx313's Credit Journal. The road to 700!

@sphinx313 wrote:

This is very interesting news. Let me just get this off my chest...if they freeze all 3 of my direct deposits and leave me hanging for 2 weeks on a formality, they will have to physically remove me from the bank or give me my money on the spot. I am actually going to inquire about this practice tomorrow morning because I believe that is ridiculous and with my current debt repayment situation I am in no position to have my money frozen for weeks.

Keep us updated. This is a normal practice i researched it on other site after I googled when I had trouble getting a bank account before. I had good success disputing chex they deleted after like 2 weeks 3 different accounts. Just have to work EWS but been pretty lazy and pretty happy with my CU anyway (Not a big bank so no worry about EWS)

Message 31 of 98
sphinx313
Established Contributor

SW Bump +16 points. The only thing listed with the SW update is the fact that 3 accounts are now being disputed, all for their balances, 2 of which are CO's affecting my utilization. As I stated in another post, I hope going from 110% Utilization down to ~9% wasn't only worth 16 points.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 98
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Another SW Bump, up to 585. The SW Alert mentions that a recent late is not affecting me as much as it was before. It references the Capital One account that is currently being disputed, so I don't necessarily expect these very recent gains to last long. We'll see what happens.

Message 33 of 98
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Spoke to a rep at Chase today when my wife and I went to get her checking account setup under mine. I inquired about this potential issue and informed her that I did in FACT have a ChexSystems report from US Bank for "Account Abuse" and she told me "If it's already there, then we already know about it and would not have given you an account if it was a problem". I went on to assume that people may be leaving a bank on bad terms, opening with Chase and then having a new ChexSystems report and Chase finding it and closing their accounts.

Regardless, all of the details available on Chase Checking account closures lack pertinent information, so I will just go on assuming that I am in the clear because of my previous disclosure to them. Not to mention the fact that anyone complaining about this happening to them says that NO ONE at Chase can give them any information on the issue and just says that their accounts are being closed. With that bit of information I can't take anything a local Chase rep says without a grain of salt, but she said she had been there 15 years and was careful not to "assure" me of anything, and just said if my ChexSystems report was a problem, I wouldn't have been able to get an account in the first place. 

Message 34 of 98
madmann26
Valued Contributor

I think that once that util comes down you should see a nice bump. Mine went from 517 to 554 I think when my CO's were 0 out.

Keep moving forward.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 35 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sphinx313 wrote:

Spoke to a rep at Chase today when my wife and I went to get her checking account setup under mine. I inquired about this potential issue and informed her that I did in FACT have a ChexSystems report from US Bank for "Account Abuse" and she told me "If it's already there, then we already know about it and would not have given you an account if it was a problem". I went on to assume that people may be leaving a bank on bad terms, opening with Chase and then having a new ChexSystems report and Chase finding it and closing their accounts.

Regardless, all of the details available on Chase Checking account closures lack pertinent information, so I will just go on assuming that I am in the clear because of my previous disclosure to them. Not to mention the fact that anyone complaining about this happening to them says that NO ONE at Chase can give them any information on the issue and just says that their accounts are being closed. With that bit of information I can't take anything a local Chase rep says without a grain of salt, but she said she had been there 15 years and was careful not to "assure" me of anything, and just said if my ChexSystems report was a problem, I wouldn't have been able to get an account in the first place. 

Nice! Hopefully u stay in the clear! I wish i could have kept mine open, i want to establish a relationship so when my scores are higher I can app for their United Airlines card.. Thats #1 on my wishlist!!!

Congrats on the progress!

Message 36 of 98
sphinx313
Established Contributor

SCORE! So excited! (Not really sure why, really small victory but a victory!) the random $49 medical collection has been deleted. Investigation took 25 days but it looks like a win!

CSC Credit Services
CREDIT FILE : December 12, 2012
Confirmation # 23240xxxxx
Dear sphinx313:
Below are the results of your reinvestigation request and, as applicable, any revisions to your credit file. If you have
additional questions regarding the reinvestigated items, please contact the source of that information directly. You
may also contact CSC Credit Services regarding the specific information contain within this letter or report within the
next 60 days by calling a Customer Representative at (800) 555-xxxx from Monday - Thursday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
CST and Friday 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM CST.
Thank you for giving CSC Credit Services the opportunity to serve you.
The Results Of Our Reinvestigation
Collection Agency Information (This section includes accounts that have been placed for collection with a collection agency.)
>>> We have researched the collection account. Account # - 460L0XXXXXXXX The results are: This item has
been deleted from the credit file. If you have additional questions about this item please contact: North American
Credit Serv, 2810 Walker Rd, Chattanooga TN 37421-1082 Phone: (800) 868-6897

Message 37 of 98
sphinx313
Established Contributor

BADDIES

First Premier Bank: $0 (Settled in Full) Charge-Off. CA was ARM.

MidlandMCM: $1,073 Collection. From an old T-Mobile account.

Capital One: $0 (Settled in Full) Charge-Off. CA was NCO.

Verizon Wireless: $432 Collection. No Collection Agency on CR.

Farmer's Furniture: $140 Collection. No Collection Agency on CR.

Capital One: $0 Charge-Off. Strange, shows $0 but no CA has been on file ever.

HSBC Bank: $0 Charge-Off. Assigned to Nobody. PRA Deleted. $414 debt hanging in the air for now.

Allied Collection Service: $1,600 Collection. Local College is OC.

Florida Hospital random $49 collection deleted. Down to 8! Only 3 of which aren't paid.

Message 38 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

very nice! keep it moving!

Message 39 of 98
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Nicely done with all of your clean-up! Keep it up! 

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 40 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.