Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spitting mad...

tag
Taylor4236
Valued Member

Spitting mad...

I'm so mad and frustrated!  Man Mad I need advice on where to go from here.

In 2009 my husband passed away and due to financial difficulties, I lost my house to foreclosure (I live in Washington state).  The loan balance was $165K.  The home was sold at a Trustee's sale for $80,000 and shortly thereafter I received a 1099-C (debt cancellation) for $85, 276.  I believe that those two items validate that the mortgage company should now have a zero balance reporting.

I disputed the info with all 3 bureau's - TU and EX have since removed the item, but EQ continues to report it.  So, I disputed again and they came back with the same answer - the balance is reporting correctly per the creditor.  The EQ agent was useless, barely spoke english, and told me that I could fax my supporting documentation over if I wanted but they wouldn't read it because it didn't matter.  Only the OC could update the information.  (Grrr....why can't they staff with people who can do more than read a script!)

The OC in this case is super slimy; I wish we'd never used them in the first place.  I won't even get into all the problems we had with them during the loan, but since the loan has now passed foreclosure they only refer me to the "REO department".  They will not give me a direct number to anyone, only tell me that I have to leave a msg for the department.  I have been disputing this for more than a year directly with the OC and I have NEVER received a return call to my msg's (dozens).

I need help figuring out where to go from here.  What exactly do I need to do to get this corrected?  I'm not disputing that it went through foreclosure, only that they're knowingly reporting it wrong - and for an egregious amount of time (2+ years)!  I'm afraid it's now time to hire an attorney to fight it, but thought I'd post here for any insights you all might have.

Thanks in advance. 

Starting Score: 592
Current Score: TU680/EQ695/EX647 (10-1-14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Re: Spitting mad...

@Taylor4236 wrote:

I'm so mad and frustrated!  Man Mad I need advice on where to go from here.

In 2009 my husband passed away and due to financial difficulties, I lost my house to foreclosure (I live in Washington state).  The loan balance was $165K.  The home was sold at a Trustee's sale for $80,000 and shortly thereafter I received a 1099-C (debt cancellation) for $85, 276.  I believe that those two items validate that the mortgage company should now have a zero balance reporting.

I disputed the info with all 3 bureau's - TU and EX have since removed the item, but EQ continues to report it.  So, I disputed again and they came back with the same answer - the balance is reporting correctly per the creditor.  The EQ agent was useless, barely spoke english, and told me that I could fax my supporting documentation over if I wanted but they wouldn't read it because it didn't matter.  Only the OC could update the information.  (Grrr....why can't they staff with people who can do more than read a script!)

The OC in this case is super slimy; I wish we'd never used them in the first place.  I won't even get into all the problems we had with them during the loan, but since the loan has now passed foreclosure they only refer me to the "REO department".  They will not give me a direct number to anyone, only tell me that I have to leave a msg for the department.  I have been disputing this for more than a year directly with the OC and I have NEVER received a return call to my msg's (dozens).

I need help figuring out where to go from here.  What exactly do I need to do to get this corrected?  I'm not disputing that it went through foreclosure, only that they're knowingly reporting it wrong - and for an egregious amount of time (2+ years)!  I'm afraid it's now time to hire an attorney to fight it, but thought I'd post here for any insights you all might have.

Thanks in advance. 

First, im sorry to hear about your husband...

Next...Before you hire an Attorney you need to follow a course of action with proof to back it up. SO, you need to write a letter to all EQ stating your situation... BUT, send it certified mail.. This will ensure that they have recieved the letter and have read it. In court you need to prove everything.. But by them signing for the letter you can prove they have received it. Also, When you send your letter, make a copy of the letter that the other 2 bureaus sent you whcih states they have removed the file... This will also help. I have had things removed from my file this way. Its simple and easy and can work wonders... Since you've tried everythign else, try this as well and im sure it will help!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.