Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split file question

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Split file question

So, the possibility I have a split EQ file was mentioned and now I'm wondering... Just got another alert that my score dropped again and it indicated that TWO of my accounts had an increased balance, only, it was the same account twice. Split file?

ETA: I'm also still getting offers and a few things out of the woodwork even though I opted out months ago?
Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Split file question

@thankfulheart wrote:
So, the possibility I have a split EQ file was mentioned and now I'm wondering... Just got another alert that my score dropped again and it indicated that TWO of my accounts had an increased balance, only, it was the same account twice. Split file?

ETA: I'm also still getting offers and a few things out of the woodwork even though I opted out months ago?

I should have kept my mouth closed on the split. Smiley Sad

OP, for the alert, are you basing this off SW? If so, know that, by default, you'll often get two alerts for the same account. Within your SW settings (same applies to EQ's products too), there's a setting for getting alerted if your balance increases by $x. There's also a setting to get alerted if your balance increases by x%. I think the defaults are at $5 and 5%, though I can't remember. If your balance increases beyond those settings, SW will alert you and it will appear that two of the same account experienced increases. It's not true. The increase triggered both conditions resulting in two alerts for the same account. It's easy to disable on if it bug you.

After opting out, I still got offers, though it was mainly for junk CCs like HSBC, Orchard, and First Premier. DW got offers from Amex and Discover while opted out. They are basing it off old report info -OR- they are purchasing lists from your current lenders and sending you offers that way (as in the case of DW....her name was wrong and it got copied to creditor to creditor to creditor).

Message 2 of 4
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

I'm glad you DID mention it. Called EQ today and sure enough my file had split. They had merged it 2 days ago after I sent a letter about MOV and a few other issues. They are sending me the merged report so I can look it over. Just very frustrated about the point loss but hoping the lower util will help in March. Thank YOU for your hunch!
Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Wow!

That explains quite a bit. ETA...remember, under a split file, your FICO isn't scoring everything as it should...which would be a blessing or a curse once they fix it.

It happens mostly to EQ. I have seen a couple of posts where it happened on TU. Never saw any issues on EX.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.