Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Springleaf Rant

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Springleaf Rant

Sorry about this rant, but, Springleaf just won't budge.

Back in 2013, my mom and I went in together on a loan with Springleaf.  Later that year in December, she passed away and I tried for 6 months afterwards to pay our bills that we had previously shared.

I'm on SSI due to several health issues and worked with the creditors every which way I knew how to keep the bills current until June of 2014 when everything fell through my fingers.

My credit report and score tanked to 480, and, last year in May when I could think clearly again, I began reading this board and rebuilding my credit.

I've gotten 2 judgments satisfied, satisified the rest of my outstanding debts, except for Springleaf which I am paying $72.50 on every month until May of 2017, and was approved for Cap 1 Quicksilver, Cap1 Platinum, and the Amazon Store Card.

Even though I am following through with the new payment plan that Mr. Samms set up, they are reporting late each month all across the board. That is really hurting my efforts and I can't understand why they are doing that. 

They have to be one of the hardest companies to work with I have ever come across.

Thanks for reading my rant.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
exCYter
Valued Member

Re: Springleaf Rant

More details, did you get a judgement against you or are you just paying off an agreed settlement? Did you try a PFD or GW letters?

Scores as of 5/18/16: EQ 674, TU 653, EX 635
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Springleaf Rant

@exCYter wrote:

More details, did you get a judgement against you or are you just paying off an agreed settlement? Did you try a PFD or GW letters?

Springleaf Financial did a charge-off. The two judgments were from other debts.

I called them last year and explained my situation, asked them how low can they go in the monthly payments, and that's when he set up $72.50 a month. 

I still owe a little over $1,000, so, with my SSI, I can't do a PFD.

And, about the GW letter. I thought that I would have to wait until I paid it off before I can send one of those. Even then, I don't know who the best person to send it to is. I know it sure isn't Mr. Samms.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.