cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Springleaf or One Main? Here's the ENTIRE story...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Springleaf or One Main? Here's the ENTIRE story...

Thanks for the great advice and valuable information everyone!

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had similar situation with my new wife... old rental collection account .. I researched the apartment complex pulled police record asked her about complaints she had with the apartment ... the tennant has certain rights and i looked for a legit reason that they violated those rights so the contract was null ... I ended up pulling police reports and going with tennant has right to peaceful possession and disputing based on enforcement of landlord broken promises and it was deleted....

I sent validation debt on the rest of the collections and after fail filed disutes directly with the CRA's as some companies dont stay on their electronic code game.. or sometimes you just get lucky... of 8 collection account we PFD'd 2 ... one 128$ one cause it was easier than figuring out how to get it deleted and another 300 $ one for the same reason... all the 1000$+ accounts even a judgement came off easy enough...

So don't get a one mail which is now spring leaf account anyways because they will give you 26% rate and youll pay for it 3 times over... just get it all removed and get some starter credit cards... in the 620 range open a shelf company and apply to spark average credit business card.. apply for low end master maybe a rebuild Credit union visa  let it cycle and build while figuring out why these companies shouldnt be able to collect..  In addition you can twist up their CSA using a cell phone calla recording app that backs up to the cloud and then bombard them with calls until someone messes up collect the calls and send them to the managers.. say either this can escalate or you can back off.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ou Re: Springleaf or One Main? Here's the ENTIRE story...

Hello I hope I am not being intrusive here but I read your post about having your vehicle repossessed after 40 days from a title loan company.  I do not want to open any old wounds however I would like to offer some information you may be unaware of.  I am an auto repossessor and the company I work for is primarily involved with title loan companies.  I repo for the States of NC and SC and deal with company's such as Title Max and First Choice. along with a lot of buy here pay here dealers.  What people don't know about title loan companies is once you sign the agreement and your receive your loan disbursement within 48 hours a copy of that loan agreement is sent to the contracted repo company to be placed in a file because basically more than half of the title loans given to people are defaulted on and the title loan company is going to take the vehicle without the slightest bit of hesitation.  

I wrote a lengthy post about these practices by dealers and havent really touched on the title loan business.  I am telling you this not to score points with people and not because I am a traitor to the repo industry I am proud of my job and what I do.  I am only sharing such information because I feel it's right to help inform the public and the people on this forum who are trying to get a hold of their finances to have a better understanding of what really goes on behind a consumers back.

Again I hope I didnt overstep any bounds or open old wounds but I thought as you did I would put my $0.02 in and hopefully someone who reads this can avoid the headaches that come with it.

Have a Great Evening 

ps. Please dont hate the repo man its not personal its just a job 

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can tell you from my experience with One Main that I have had no problems with them.  I just took out a personal loan a month ago from them.  It was an unsecured meaning non-collateral loan for $7001.00 the loan is actually $7041.00 but the $40 is a loan processing fee. I took it out because I wanted to first have a mix on my credit profile and second to use the money to pay the costs of getting a new business off the ground.  Not finance the business but rather get the neccassary paperwork completed.  I took the loan at a decent interest rate and its clearly spelled out how long the loan is for what the minimum payments are a month and when it will be paid off.  I can tell you they base the interest on a daily rate.  However the total amount due is clearly listed on the agreement you sign and what exact date it will be paid off.

I got approved in less than 30 minutes and had the ACH deposit in my bank account within two business days.  Its going to take me a few years to get all my affairs in order for my business to be started but thats ok it gives me a few years to have this loan and my payments show on my CR and hopefully when it's time to go for that SBL I will get an even better interest rate and pay off this One Main loan sooner.

Hope this helps if you have any other questions you can send me a PM I would be more than happy to help.

Have a Great Evening 

ps. Almost forgot Springleaf and One Main have merged and they are in fact one company 

pps. Forgot again the account exec who handled my loan said 99.99% they pull EQ but will base loan interest on lowest of 3 CRA's if that makes sense

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been wanting to get a loan for a new camera pretty badly for some months now, I got a $4000 "pre-selected" loan offer in the mail from OneMain but I have my doubts since my credit is still being rebuilt and I only have 650'ish scores across the board w/ a charge-off account and 5 public records on 2 of my 3 reports (TU has Zero)

I wonder how tough it'd be to get this $4000 loan... it would cover the camera body and almost a lens... lol, verifying income is the tricky part I wonder how much income history I'd have to show for something that size, self-employed income comes in waves, sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not so it's hard to get any kind of loan with my lack of consistency (despite always paying my bills).

I had 3 loans through Springleaf (all over $10,000) but they were created through refinancing and two car purchases, they were American General Finance when I got the loans and Springleaf bought them later on down the road when I defaulted on my 3rd loan that has never been settled, LVNV haunts me with that one still sometimes to where I couldn't even use a bank account with my name on it, that's probably why I can't pre-qual for a loan from them lol.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking about a One Main Financial loan at one point in the past.  The interest rate was high, but I wouldn't have had it out for long.  What I didn't know (until the rep ran my credit) was that they will NOT accept any application in which there is a backruptcy showing.  If you have a BK on your credit report - no matter how old it is - you will be automatically denied.

I wish I had been a member of this forum at that time!!  Then I might have known I wouldn't be approved!! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well my experiece was rather simple.  They will pull EQ 99.99% of the time.  I got approved for the loan with a fico of 630 no collateral.  all they wanted were at least two recent paystubs with ytd on them and basic info the actual HP doesnt get dinged on your report until they acutally run it that day in the office and get you approved.  Your in and out in 30 minutes and i dont know what state your in but in NC where i am they dont do the prepaid debit its either a paper check and that can have a possible 3 to 5 day hold by your bank or an ACH which is normaly 2 biz days.

They are going to see all your accounts open if their are CC's or other loans and such they might want to pay off the balances on the cards and you will get the remaining amount of money left over after that.  Origianlly they were going to do that for me but opted instead to just give me the whole loan amount and had me pay what I felt like paying basically. It actually worked out better that way because i am still ahead of where I would of been the other way around 

Message 17 of 18
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I've used OneMain before in the past.  Was a necessary evil at the time.  I wouldn't recommend them.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.