cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint/ Allied Interstate How to Proceed.

tag
kathol39
Established Member

Sprint/ Allied Interstate How to Proceed.

Happy New Year Forum.  I have a Sprint bill that is 2 months old and just went to Allied Interstate. I am still able to pay on Sprint website so do I pay on Sprint or try a PFD with Allied. If i do pay on Sprint what are odds this will come off if I dispute as being paid.  It is only for 107. which I know is a small amt but just went on workmens comp so funds are very low. They just listed on CR yesterday and may I say Transunion score plummeted 45 points. Any advice will be very appreciated.   Thanks again.    kathol39

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png

Good luck to all of our myFICO Fitness Challengers!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sprint/ Allied Interstate How to Proceed.

@kathol39 wrote:

Happy New Year Forum.  I have a Sprint bill that is 2 months old and just went to Allied Interstate. I am still able to pay on Sprint website so do I pay on Sprint or try a PFD with Allied. If i do pay on Sprint what are odds this will come off if I dispute as being paid.  It is only for 107. which I know is a small amt but just went on workmens comp so funds are very low. They just listed on CR yesterday and may I say Transunion score plummeted 45 points. Any advice will be very appreciated.   Thanks again.    kathol39

Call Sprint ask them to recall the CA and then settle in full, if they refuse then contact the CA and arrange for a PFD.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Sprint/ Allied Interstate How to Proceed.

You can call the OC an request they first terminate their assigned collection, but they assigned for a reason, which most likely has not changed.

They may refuse to do so.

If the OC will not termiante their assigned collectin authority, then I would call the debt collector and offer a PFD.

If they accept, then you obtain satisfaction of the debt and credit report deletion of the collection.

Paying the OC and then disputing the collection as being paid is not a basis for deletion of the collection.

The fact that the debt collector reported their legitimate collection authority is not negated by payment of the debt, regardless of which party eceives the payment.

The debt collector is required only to update their collection to paid, $0 remaining under collection, and close the collection.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.