Did you mean: 

Sprint Collection should I PFD?

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sprint Collection should I PFD?

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the CR from here, on myfico. 

OP, do as marinevietvet suggested. MyFICO and some other 3rd-party reports will often mask the CA's name. If you pull your full reports from annualcreditreport.com or directly from that CRA you'll see the CA's name and contact info.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled CR from annualcreditreport in June 2010 and didn't see it there then.  Will pull it again and see who this is and get the contact info. Thanks!! Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Going to take a shot in the dark and say it's AFNI that has your account.  I had an acct with a similar acct info. Turned out to be AFNI.  They handle tons of cell phone accounts.  Good news is they are easy to deal with and get off your report.

Message 13 of 15
tray
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Going to take a shot in the dark and say it's AFNI that has your account.  I had an acct with a similar acct info. Turned out to be AFNI.  They handle tons of cell phone accounts.  Good news is they are easy to deal with and get off your report.

I'll take a second bet, and say the collection account is with portfolio recovery, I also had a sprint collection account, and what I have seen of the reporting it looks exactly what was on my reports, my collection finally fell off my reports, but I hope for you portfolio does not have this account as they are not good to deal with at all, and i have tried tons of times for a pfd with them and it was always a nowhere situation, even with the ceo of this company, so I just let the account age and fall off when it was due.  Good Luck in finding the mystery collection agency

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 14 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

THIS IS ONE OF THE PRIMARY REASONS WHY CONGRESS ENACTED the provisions of FDCPA 809(a)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the primary intents was that, if any debt collector made ANY intiital communication with a consumer regardiing the collection of a debt, they send to the consumer, within 5-days of ANY intiitial communication, be it a phone call or a post to a consumer credit report with a CRA, a collection (dunning) notice, advising the consumer of the full indentification of their validation rights, and how to contact the debt collector in order to request validation of an asserted debt, or who to dispute with.

The consumer should NOT have to do private investigation in order to exercise his/her rights to clear aceess to the debt collector.

Have you ever received a formal collection (dunning)  notice from them?

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.