cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Collection

tag
Riicky13

Sprint Collection

I monitor my score with myFico alot and recently was notified of an account in collections. Appearently I have a sprint account that went into collections. The weird part is that I've never used Sprint for a day in my life....

What's the process that I have to go through? I'm failry new to this.. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sprint Collection

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

The first thing I'd do is make sure I never did business with Sprint, including all of the companies affiliated with Sprint like Nextel, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, and Assurance Wireless.

Whether I did business with them or not, I'd call Sprint and inquire about it. I would also mail a DV letter to the CA. If I still knew I didn't do business with them, then I'd await for the CA to respond to the DV. If Sprint and the CA are still adamant I did business with them, and I knew I did not, then I'd call the police and have a report filed for ID theft. I'd use that report to get the collection off my credit report(s).

Message 2 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Riicky13 wrote:

I monitor my score with myFico alot and recently was notified of an account in collections. Appearently I have a sprint account that went into collections. The weird part is that I've never used Sprint for a day in my life....

What's the process that I have to go through? I'm failry new to this.. 

If the CA has placed this on your reports then they are required to notify you in writing ~ have you received anything from them yet ?

Your next step would be to send a DV letter to the CA.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 5
Riicky13

I've already spoke with EQ and they said they're going to dispute the collection. Seems like everyone is telling me to fill a police report.

Message 4 of 5
annielorie
Valued Contributor

If you are positive you never had an account file police report. All CRA's will delete. FYI keep an eye on reports or do a credit freeze. Hate to say this but its usually someone you know. CYA

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.