Reply
New Member
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎03-03-2013
0

Sprint/Enhanced Recovery

Ok, I have a Sprint account from about threeyears ago in collections. On two of my credit reports it is reporting from Enhanced Recovery, but nothing from Sprint, and on the third report I have nothing from Enhanced, but the same account is reporting from Sprint.......my first instinct was to PFD Sprint, but they have told me they don't do that. So, what now? Do I PFD Enhanced? Pay Sprint and start GW? Do nothing?
Epic Contributor
Posts: 22,406
Registered: ‎01-17-2008
0

Re: Sprint/Enhanced Recovery

You offer the PFD to who is reporting, the OC or the CA.  In this case they both are, just on different reports.  Paying one will not remove the others TL.

 

Do you know if Sprint still owns the account or sold it to ERC?

Highlighted
New Member
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎03-03-2013
0

Re: Sprint/Enhanced Recovery

Sprint still owns it......I'm just confused. So, if Sprint would have agreed to the PFD, what would have happened to the ERC reports? If ERC agrees to a PFD what happens on my TU report where Sprint is reporting?

Do I try PFD with Enhanced and then GW Sprint?

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,546
Registered: ‎08-30-2012
0

Re: Sprint/Enhanced Recovery

I had an Enhanced Recovery account last year and I PIF and BBB them. They removed the CA without any fuss.


Starting Score: EQ 511 TU 552 EX 545 8/29/2012
Current Score: TU 712|EQ 695|EXP 723 (FICO)
Total credit $185,250; Util 14%
Goal Score: 700 across the board.
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
My Journey
Regular Contributor
Posts: 150
Registered: ‎05-04-2012
0

Re: Sprint/Enhanced Recovery


madmann26 wrote:

I had an Enhanced Recovery account last year and I PIF and BBB them. They removed the CA without any fuss.


Try this

 

I sent them a few letters demanding proof of my debt and they folded without any hassle and 2 weeks later it was off all three credit reports and I had two accounts with them. Send them a letter to their Jax office, I have seen alot of people have success with them



Starting Score: 502 5/4/2012
Current Score: 640 08/03/2012
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Member
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎02-13-2013
0

Re: Sprint/Enhanced Recovery

I was in your exact same situation 3 weeks ago, this is what I did, paid Sprint directly then disputed Enhanced with all three CA and I also BBB complaint Enhanced saying they are reporting an account they dont own and it was paid to original creditor I said Enhanced was violating FCRA . Enhanced recovery responded they will remove and they did.
Epic Contributor
Posts: 22,406
Registered: ‎01-17-2008
0

Re: Sprint/Enhanced Recovery


anewmall26 wrote:
I was in your exact same situation 3 weeks ago, this is what I did, paid Sprint directly then disputed Enhanced with all three CA and I also BBB complaint Enhanced saying they are reporting an account they dont own and it was paid to original creditor I said Enhanced was violating FCRA . Enhanced recovery responded they will remove and they did.

Why did you dispute?  The reporting was accurate whether you paid the OC or not.  If it was showing not paid they have to have time to update once the OC received the money.  A CA does not have to own an account to report and wasn't in violation of the FCRA.

Epic Contributor
Posts: 22,406
Registered: ‎01-17-2008
0

Re: Sprint/Enhanced Recovery


Steelersfan904 wrote:

madmann26 wrote:

I had an Enhanced Recovery account last year and I PIF and BBB them. They removed the CA without any fuss.


Try this

 

I sent them a few letters demanding proof of my debt and they folded without any hassle and 2 weeks later it was off all three credit reports and I had two accounts with them. Send them a letter to their Jax office, I have seen alot of people have success with them


So, you sent them a DV letter?

Epic Contributor
Posts: 22,406
Registered: ‎01-17-2008
0

Re: Sprint/Enhanced Recovery


madmann26 wrote:

I had an Enhanced Recovery account last year and I PIF and BBB them. They removed the CA without any fuss.


What was the complaint with the BBB?

Epic Contributor
Posts: 22,406
Registered: ‎01-17-2008
0

Re: Sprint/Enhanced Recovery


Chuggybear68 wrote:
Sprint still owns it......I'm just confused. So, if Sprint would have agreed to the PFD, what would have happened to the ERC reports? If ERC agrees to a PFD what happens on my TU report where Sprint is reporting?

Do I try PFD with Enhanced and then GW Sprint?


If Sprint owns it and will take your money for a PFD, then you would need to GW ERC for deletion.  Or vice versa,  If Sprint won't take your money, offer the PFD to ERC and if they accept, GW Sprint.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.