Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Reporting 3 Inquiries

tag
dznen1
Regular Contributor

Sprint Reporting 3 Inquiries

Does anyone know how to reach the credit department for Sprint?  I have three inquiries and I am trying to have two of them removed.  When I call the rep is saying they have no one there in his department, (the credit department), that have the authority to remove them.  Supposedly he has checked this out by asking his department head.

He suggested I put in a dispute with the CRA and they will contact the department that can do this.  How is it the CRA know who to contact and they dont?   I have 5 inquiries on my reports and I want two of them gone.  

Thanks for any help you guys are willing to give.   

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Sprint Reporting 3 Inquiries

dznen1, are these inqs all from the opening of the same one account, or did you open three accounts?

Just curious here.

Message 2 of 6
dznen1
Regular Contributor

Hi Uborrow-Upay,

They are all from 1 account.  I did not apply more than one time for one account.  That is what I was trying to get the Sprint rep to understand.  I know not to keep applying as these would be dings to my credit.  As I said to him, why would I keep applying when I had been approved the first time and I only have one #.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dznen1 wrote:

Hi Uborrow-Upay,

They are all from 1 account.  I did not apply more than one time for one account.  That is what I was trying to get the Sprint rep to understand.  I know not to keep applying as these would be dings to my credit.  As I said to him, why would I keep applying when I had been approved the first time and I only have one #.

You could send them a letter stating that you do not consider they had permissible purpose to pull your credit report more than one time.  A BBB complaint might also push them in the right direction.

Message 4 of 6
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

+1

You might also want to try the phone number for Sprint that's listed on the credit report.  That may be a different number than the one you've been calling.

You may have better luck, too, if you ask them not to remove those extra inquiries, but merely recode them as soft inquiries.  They might find that easier to do, and the results for you would be the same.

Good luck, and let us know how you make out with this, dznen1!  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
dznen1
Regular Contributor

Thanks, Uborrow, I will look for that phone# on my report and inquire about changing it to a soft inquiry instead.  I will keep you posted.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.