Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Said...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sprint Said...

Hello all.

So, I have an account with Divisified Consultants INC from a Sprint bill I had.
I googled the CA and didn't read any good things about them. So I took to emailing Sprint. Got a call from a lady.

My email basically stated that I wanted Sprint to pull back the account from the CA. That I wanted to PIF. And that if possible I also wanted to reinstate my service with them.

The lady told me to make payment arrangments, of to offer a lower amount I'd have to go through the CA. Told her I didn't want to do that. I wanted to pay Sprint. I just wanted the account pulled back. She said that after its paid the account would be updated. What does that mean?

The question I have now (being that she really didn't answer) would be how to get the account removed from my CR?

Any advice advice given, I'm always grateful for!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Sprint Said...

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello all.

So, I have an account with Divisified Consultants INC from a Sprint bill I had.
I googled the CA and didn't read any good things about them. So I took to emailing Sprint. Got a call from a lady.

My email basically stated that I wanted Sprint to pull back the account from the CA. That I wanted to PIF. And that if possible I also wanted to reinstate my service with them.

The lady told me to make payment arrangments, of to offer a lower amount I'd have to go through the CA. Told her I didn't want to do that. I wanted to pay Sprint. I just wanted the account pulled back. She said that after its paid the account would be updated. What does that mean?

The question I have now (being that she really didn't answer) would be how to get the account removed from my CR?

Any advice advice given, I'm always grateful for!

It means they will update it to paid, I don't think Sprint does PFD and I highly doubt they will reinstate the account. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I say reinstate because I was with them for over 9years...But I would be coming on as a new customer. Sprint isn't the one reporting, I wanted them to pull it back from the CA who is. 

Message 3 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

When a creditor assigns collection authority to a debt collector to assist them in collection of a debt, the contract agreements oftern include limitations that any payments must be made thru the debt collector.  If that is their business agreement, then they cannot accept payment.

The creidor hired a debt collector to relieve themselves of the burden of attemptng to collect the debt, and asking them to terminate that business decision based on your desire not to pay thru their debt collector is something they can reject.  If they reject that request, then any credit report deletion is voluntary on the part of both the creditor, if they have reported,  and debt collector.

Message 4 of 10
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I say reinstate because I was with them for over 9years...But I would be coming on as a new customer. Sprint isn't the one reporting, I wanted them to pull it back from the CA who is. 

Ok so you'd be a "new customer" then. They may ask you to put a deposit down since you had an unsatisfactory past with them. Like Robert said, if they already have worte it off and a collection complany has it then you will have to deal with the collection company. Sprint won't take the money. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had an experience with Sprint that I posted about today. Hope this helps. However I got a little overzealous and did something that (come to find out) I shouldn't have.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Sprint-Collection-Resolved/td-p/4044974

Message 6 of 10
ptrain
Regular Contributor

I had a smiliar experience with Sprint starting in March. $381.45 bill sent to Diversified Consultants. If not for this Board, I would not be monitoring my credit so closely.

Long story short, call Div Consul and they were useless and said they could only remove it if Sprint asked them to. I could however pay the collection and they would mark as updated/Paid. I wanted it deleted.

So I skipped the middle man and called Sprint. Had to find my account and once they did, I went round and round with a CSR who kept saying their was nothing they could do. Phone calls to sprint continued for 3 consecutive days, same answer.

Finally on the third day, I asked to speak to a supervisor, who at least said the PFD decision would need to come from finance department. I spoke to a gentleman in finance dept and he agreed paying the debt that Sprint would remove it from CB. Mind I documented person I spoke with name, postition, phone #, date, time and requested the call transaction #. I finally asked that my accout be updated with the information of the calls, so that I would not have to repeat myself.

This proved useful as, every rep would be able to read through the notes. They would not give me anything in writing, still I bit the bullet with my notes and paid the account. The CSR informed me that it could take 3 - 4 weeks before collection was off each CB. 

It took 3 subsequent calls to sprint after this, the last coming last Tuesday, because collection have  come off all CBs except for Experian. After that call and going over my notes, they said to give it a few days and it should be off. Friday it came off. So in my case the pay for delete did work, I probably should have asked for something in writing but oh well it is off.

I hope you can get the same results. 

Starting Score: 550 (Aug 2014)
Current Score: EX:641, EQ:628, TU:619
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid diversified half the debt and they just deleted it with outhe me asking them to but I wouldnt count on it happening t9 you
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to resolve this with Sprint. I paid Sprint and they credited my back almost $200. I didnt work with diversified  at all. 

@Anonymous wrote:
I paid diversified half the debt and they just deleted it with outhe me asking them to but I wouldnt count on it happening t9 you

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I settled this debt before I joined this site and knew the proper way to handle collections. So luckily it worked out.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.