Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint/afni scenario

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sprint/afni scenario

@jwpezd wrote:

so just to provide an update..   i pretty much got screwed!  i called AFNI today to make sure nothing was being disputed and they informed me the account was being updated as paid.  i mentioned to them the removal and they said sprint will not be having this removed and ended the conversation.  i called sprint right after and spoke with a nice guy for about thirty minutes that pretty much told me that everything that i was saying was accurate and that they do see that supervisor did state in the notes that the collection will be removed with a PIF however, the supervisor was innacurate in telling me this and unfortunetly it will just be updated as paid. 

So yeah...... 

i do not have much ground to stand on, the gentlemen agreed i should be angry and put in an escalated review and said they will review in 3-5 days. 

looks like i am going to be looking for a Goodwill from AFNI, has anybody had any luck with AFNI and Goodwill deletions.  pretty sure this is my only way possible now that the account is PIF.  unless anybody else has a recommendaton.  Thank you again for any responses or advice. 

File a complaint with the BBB against Sprint for shabby business practice and lying to collect a debt, they can request their CA remove that TL. If the BBB gets nowhere I would file a complaint with the CFPB against Sprint.  Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 12
jwpezd
Regular Contributor

Re: Sprint/afni scenario

The supervisory that i spoke to did say he was recalling the debt, but when i called afni they said it does not matter they have the right to report and that Sprint has sent them correspondence that i have paid them in full and that is how it will be updated.  I am not sure how the BBB will work beings that i did technically owe them money.  they did put in an escalation and are going to listen to the recording of the call to hear him guarentee me that it will be removed.  which he did three times before i agreed to pay.   I have heard that afni sometimes will take a GW.  does anybody out there have a good email for afni???

Chase Freedom-(1000) BOA 123-(2000) Home Depot-(4000)
Discover IT-(1000) Lowes GE-(1500) Orchard Bank-(300)
Regions Student Visa-(500) Best Buy Reward Zone-(500)
In the garden till 4/01/2015
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.