Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint collection, reported by Enhanced Recovery Corporation

tag
aggieguy
New Contributor

Re: Sprint collection, reported by Enhanced Recovery Corporation

Good point. I am working on getting the exact wording I want from them. Wish me luck.

My Wallet: Discover $1500, CapitalOne Green $1500, Amex Zync NPSL, CU of TX $3000, Amazon Store $1000, Barclay Apple $1300

Chopping block: CreditOne $600, BestBuy $600, CapitalOne $500, CapitalOne $500
Message 11 of 21
aggieguy
New Contributor

I got an email back from a CSR at Sprint that says that after paying the account it will be deleted. Is this sufficient or should I continue on with the PFD I wrote to send to ERC?

My Wallet: Discover $1500, CapitalOne Green $1500, Amex Zync NPSL, CU of TX $3000, Amazon Store $1000, Barclay Apple $1300

Message 12 of 21
mauve
Valued Contributor

The email should be good enough - make sure the phrasing is unambiguous and includes the CA.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 21
aggieguy
New Contributor

The exact wording from the email is:

"Yes, the Enhanced Recovery Corporation (ERC) is the third party
collection agency and payment made to them will be directly posted on
your account.

Once the payment has been made then the it will also be removed from
your credit report."

I was worried about the grammar mistakes so I asked them to clarify. Hopefully I'll get something better this time around.

Message 14 of 21
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

No.

There is no provision in law or reporting procedure for what many refer to as a  "call back of a collection account."

Sure, there is always the chance that the OC can ask the CA to delete their prior reporting.  But the CA is bound by their own reporting agreement with the CRAs, one of which is that they not delete prior reporting of a collection based on subsequent payment of the debt.

If you pay the OC, they must notify the CA that the original debt is paid.  The CA may still feel entitlement to other fees not paid to them.  Plus, the CA is not going to be a happy camper when notified by the OC that collection has terminated. Why would the OC put muscle on the CA to delete their prior accurate reporting once the OC has your money in their pocket?

There does not have to be a provision or law.  It is a business arrangement between the OC and the CA.  If the OC chooses to end that relationship it is well within their right to do so.  Once the CA no longer has that account, they cannot report.  

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

ERC is the easiest friendliest CA I have ever dealt with. I dealt with them for my boyfriend on 2 account!!! Sprint & T-mobile. They told me to send them something in writing once the account was paid stating I wanted the tradelines deleted. I simply "restrictively endorsed" the checks by putting in the memo on the final payment of each "PD IN FULL FOR TRADELINE DELETION". When I got the Sprint account paid off I pulled his report and noticed it as a paid closed collection. I sent them a fax asking that they remove that tradeline and they also deleted the one for the t-mobile account they held and that one wasn't even paid off yet. I had sent $25 on each evry two weeks until they were paid and the collector I dealt with was nice about that where as I have had other collectors spaz when I said payments. "No ballance in full or we will mail the checks back". Bull. I sent the checks they cashed them.

Message 16 of 21
aggieguy
New Contributor

I'm glad to hear about your positive experience. Congratulations!

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you email them online to get a response? I have a collections for $55 with sprint which they have sent off to Enhanced.

Message 18 of 21
aggieguy
New Contributor

Yep. Just their generic customer service email address. It took a while for them to recognize my account. They kept going on and on about the phone number not being valid. Eventually I grew tired so I sent an email that said, "Since you say that there is no Sprint account matching my details that ever had the number I provided, it is obvious that my account was paid and has zero balance." They promptly agreed to carry on with the process, LOL.

Message 19 of 21
tbque
Valued Contributor

BSmith can you please PM me the fax number you used for ERC? I would like to try and do the same thing with a recent PIF of mine to them. Thanks in advance! tbque

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.