Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint collection, reported by Enhanced Recovery Corporation

tag
aggieguy
New Contributor

Sprint collection, reported by Enhanced Recovery Corporation

Hi. Thanks to everyone on these forums. The information here is invaluable.

I received a notice from ScoreWatch about a new collection. This comes at an inconvenient time as I have been doing very well cleaning up the mess I made. I contacted Sprint regarding the past due balance from 2007 of $301. I am getting copies of the invoices from sprint because I do not recognize that my account was not terminated to their satisfaction, but in the meantime I have something I need cleared up.

Sprint agreed that I can pay them directly. My main concern with this endeavor is to get the collection deleted. If I pay the balance to Sprint directly do I have leverage to get ERC to remove the collection? If not should I start the process of a PFD with ERC? I don't need them gone immediately, but considering it will stay on my report into 2015 I'd like to get it gone sooner rather than later.

Thanks in advance!

My Wallet: Discover $1500, CapitalOne Green $1500, Amex Zync NPSL, CU of TX $3000, Amazon Store $1000, Barclay Apple $1300

Chopping block: CreditOne $600, BestBuy $600, CapitalOne $500, CapitalOne $500
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Sprint collection, reported by Enhanced Recovery Corporation

My advice.

Paying the OC will have the advantage of paying the debt, but no, it wont require the CA to delete. An OC cant tell a CA how to control reporting on their "account."

If you send the CA a PFD offer, it will have the advantage of offering them incentive to do a deletion of the CA reporting.  But it has the disadvantage of being only a conditional offer that they dont have to accept, thus leaving the debt unsatisfied.

Payment to the OC leaves you with the option of then sending a request for GW deletion to the CA.

You take your chances.

Message 2 of 21
aggieguy
New Contributor

That's what I was afraid of.

I've read posts talking about asking the OC to "pull" an account back from a CA. If Sprint has not sold the account to the CA but only assigned it and, at my request, they recall the account from the CA, is the CA then obligated to remove the account from the report?

My Wallet: Discover $1500, CapitalOne Green $1500, Amex Zync NPSL, CU of TX $3000, Amazon Store $1000, Barclay Apple $1300

Message 3 of 21
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

No.

There is no provision in law or reporting procedure for what many refer to as a  "call back of a collection account."

Sure, there is always the chance that the OC can ask the CA to delete their prior reporting.  But the CA is bound by their own reporting agreement with the CRAs, one of which is that they not delete prior reporting of a collection based on subsequent payment of the debt.

If you pay the OC, they must notify the CA that the original debt is paid.  The CA may still feel entitlement to other fees not paid to them.  Plus, the CA is not going to be a happy camper when notified by the OC that collection has terminated. Why would the OC put muscle on the CA to delete their prior accurate reporting once the OC has your money in their pocket?

Message 4 of 21
MissMovingForward
Regular Contributor

I just sent  DV to ERC for hubbyy.  It is also for a Sprint accunt.  West Asset Management was the CA, but I'm assuming they sold the account to ERC after I dv'd then pfd'd them twice.  No response to either PFD.

Did you DV ERC?

Message 5 of 21
MissMovingForward
Regular Contributor

Yikes at all of my spelling mistakes....typing too fast too late at night.  Sorry!

Message 6 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@MissMovingForward wrote:

Yikes at all of my spelling mistakes....typing too fast too late at night.  Sorry!

No worries, my posts are far worse after reading about 2,000 of them.Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same problem, I paid ERC, got a letter from Sprint that I had good credit history from them, sent it to ERC and they DELETED!  Hope this helps.

Message 8 of 21
aggieguy
New Contributor

Thanks for the replies.

I did not send off a DV yet. I want to make sure I know what the alleged balance is for before I challenge the validity. Once I receive the invoices directly from Sprint, I'll decide whether a DV is warranted.

Congrats Hut! That's gives me some hope.

I emailed the Sprint CSR I have been working with and asked if they could recall the account and get rid of ERC all together. The response I received is: 

The account has already been assigned to the collection agency (Enhanced Recovery Corporation). It can be released once we receive the full payment against this account.

I don't know if this is exactly what I'm asking for, but it at least gives me hope.

Message 9 of 21
MissMovingForward
Regular Contributor

Make sure they specify that the will direct ERC to delete the account from your CBR once it has been satisfied.  I don't think relese will get you those results.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.