tag
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Start/repair credit again.

@Officer737 wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

@Officer737 wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

Maybe I'm a jerk, but I'd still file the reports. They did something illegal that affected the OPs credit and name. Smiley Sad

Ohh it could get much worse than what I generalized. They can actually go back and pull every transaction and the ones that were forged, would be an indidual count of forgery as well. It just depends on how in depth they want to go with it. There are also statute of limitations that the OP might be bound by also and each state of different. Then there is also many states that will not permit a minor to enter into any legal contract especially financial ones. 

I believe it. I just dislike dishonesty and people using their kids because they are irresponsible, or had issues of some sort with their credit. I actually monitor my credit closely because I'm sure one of several family members with access to my information might try to pull something like this at some point. (though, obviously I'm not a minor)

I hope that the OP can discuss this issue with his or her family and work it out, but if not, I'd absolutely suggest the police report and fraud affidavit. I strongly feel that these debts shouldn't be her/his responsibility or something that they have to live with til they fall off out of some family obligation or feeling bad. OP's family should have tried every thing and everything to go about things in the right and legal way.

I agree with you. I don't get invited to too many family events, last one was my dad's funeral where I threw a cousin out the front door of the funeral home because I caught him smoking dope behind it, haven't been invited to any since then. I may have missed it, how old is the OP?

I'd have tossed them out on their ear also, but I'd be in the minority there, as most of them would be smoking dope together.

From reading the post, I'm guessing the OP is 20-23.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 11 of 12
Officer737
Established Contributor

Re: Start/repair credit again.

@notfancy wrote:

@Officer737 wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

@Officer737 wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

Maybe I'm a jerk, but I'd still file the reports. They did something illegal that affected the OPs credit and name. Smiley Sad

Ohh it could get much worse than what I generalized. They can actually go back and pull every transaction and the ones that were forged, would be an indidual count of forgery as well. It just depends on how in depth they want to go with it. There are also statute of limitations that the OP might be bound by also and each state of different. Then there is also many states that will not permit a minor to enter into any legal contract especially financial ones. 

I believe it. I just dislike dishonesty and people using their kids because they are irresponsible, or had issues of some sort with their credit. I actually monitor my credit closely because I'm sure one of several family members with access to my information might try to pull something like this at some point. (though, obviously I'm not a minor)

I hope that the OP can discuss this issue with his or her family and work it out, but if not, I'd absolutely suggest the police report and fraud affidavit. I strongly feel that these debts shouldn't be her/his responsibility or something that they have to live with til they fall off out of some family obligation or feeling bad. OP's family should have tried every thing and everything to go about things in the right and legal way.

I agree with you. I don't get invited to too many family events, last one was my dad's funeral where I threw a cousin out the front door of the funeral home because I caught him smoking dope behind it, haven't been invited to any since then. I may have missed it, how old is the OP?

I'd have tossed them out on their ear also, but I'd be in the minority there, as most of them would be smoking dope together.

From reading the post, I'm guessing the OP is 20-23.

Agreed!

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.