cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start to lower CO Utiliz, then CRA lags in reporting...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Start to lower CO Utiliz, then CRA lags in reporting...

During the last 4 months, I started paying off 2 Cap1 CO's to lower utilization.  I have 2 more payments for each and I will be finished.  In the past, they reports were updating around the 5th or 6th of the month.  Now, that my score is improving and I am getting closer to paying off, the slower they are reporting.  EX did not update until the 12th.  Still waiting on EQ and TU.  What's the deal here?  That's over 11 days.  When I was not paying off, CRA were updating like clock work.

Anyone else expericening this? 

As you can see from my signature, EX has gone up over 100 pts and I have a judgement and foreclosure on it, along with some more CO's.  So, within the next year when all CO's that are part of my utiliz are paid and judgement paid, my score should be close to 700.  At least I hope.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Start to lower CO Utiliz, then CRA lags in reporting...

I hate to tell you this but.....paying a judgment  or a foreclosure will not help your scores!! Paying a CO will not help unless the CO is reporting it with a Bal.  You want them deleted, All COs  drop from CR approx. 7 years from DOFD!!

They hurt less as they age!!!  You would need the OC to file with the court to have them vacated! PR

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think you read my statement clear.  I am paying COs to lower my utiliz.  I was stating that my score is up over 100 pts on EX by doing so.  I mentioned that I have judgement and foreclosure but able to increase score over 100 pts.  I am not paying a foreclosure.  It shows 0 balance, so why would I.  I will pay the judgement if needed for purchasing a home next fall.

But thanks for your reply.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRAs finally updated.  Checked my TU score, it is 611 and EX is 628.  Waiting on EQ alert to see what the score increase is for EQ.

Have NACA Counselor Session in the morning.  They will pull report, will be interesting to see which model they use and what my scores are.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.