Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Started working on rebuilding my credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Started working on rebuilding my credit

So I've started rebuilding my credit about a year ago or at least attempting to. The 2008 recession really hit me hard. Last Oct I had a 545 score and I now have a 599 TU /600 EQ which isn't a big jump but it is something.

Last October I was able to purchase a new car through Wells Fargo and I have not missed a payment. I also have 2 paid off auto loans on my report paid in full no missed payments.

I Have a Credit card through Credit One that I've been paying on monthly, $300 limit.

I also just got approved for 2 cards through Capital One. A QS and a Platinum, both for $300 as well.

Now on to the bad.

I have a few Charged off CCs

Capital One

HSBC

First Premier  

Capital One:

Closed as of 10/6/2013 and was sold to PORTFOLIO RECOVERY with a blance of $1,089 with an open date of 12/22/2014

HSBC:

Closed  11/10/2010 Sold to CAVALRY PORTFOLIO SERVICE with a Balance of $575 with an open date of 6/24/2011

First Premier:

Closed  sold to MIDLAND FUNDING LLC with a balance of $487 with an open date of 6/21/2013 

I also have a Collection from Comcast that was sold to ENHANCED RECOVERY COMPANY on 6/28/2012 in the amount of $138

All of which have been reported in the last month or so.

I also show three addresses on my file and two older employers that I'm no longer at. Now that you have a better understanding of my current situation what would you advise I do next? I live in CA and the SOL for CCs is 4 years. I would like to get those off my record. I'm going to attempt to contact the Comcast collection as I can pay off that $138 right now and will try to get a pay for deletion.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Started working on rebuilding my credit

I also have 7 hard inquiries on my report is there anything I can do about those?

Message 2 of 6
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I've started rebuilding my credit about a year ago or at least attempting to. The 2008 recession really hit me hard. Last Oct I had a 545 score and I now have a 599 TU /600 EQ which isn't a big jump but it is something.

Last October I was able to purchase a new car through Wells Fargo and I have not missed a payment. I also have 2 paid off auto loans on my report paid in full no missed payments.

I Have a Credit card through Credit One that I've been paying on monthly, $300 limit.

I also just got approved for 2 cards through Capital One. A QS and a Platinum, both for $300 as well.

Now on to the bad.

I have a few Charged off CCs

Capital One

HSBC

First Premier  

Capital One:

Closed as of 10/6/2013 and was sold to PORTFOLIO RECOVERY with a blance of $1,089 with an open date of 12/22/2014

HSBC:

Closed  11/10/2010 Sold to CAVALRY PORTFOLIO SERVICE with a Balance of $575 with an open date of 6/24/2011

First Premier:

Closed  sold to MIDLAND FUNDING LLC with a balance of $487 with an open date of 6/21/2013 

I also have a Collection from Comcast that was sold to ENHANCED RECOVERY COMPANY on 6/28/2012 in the amount of $138

All of which have been reported in the last month or so.

I also show three addresses on my file and two older employers that I'm no longer at. Now that you have a better understanding of my current situation what would you advise I do next? I live in CA and the SOL for CCs is 4 years. I would like to get those off my record. I'm going to attempt to contact the Comcast collection as I can pay off that $138 right now and will try to get a pay for deletion.

The SOL (on forcing collection) is 4 years, but it stays on your credit for 7 years.  The date that counts is date of late payment, not when it was sold. For instance your Cap 1 was closed on 10/6/13, but date of 30 day late was 4/6/13.  4/6/13 is the date that counts.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I guess I'll try to save up some cash and send in a PFD offer. I would like to at least get my credit in good enough standing to buy a house in the next year or so. Gonna call Comcast on monday to try to do a PFD.

The good news is I only have about $2,300 worth of charged off debt so it won't be terribly hard to pay off.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forums! It's a big step getting started. I would defiinitely try for PFDs as much as you can.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Also my interest rate is a little high on my car payment, should I refy it or keep it for another year?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.