Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Credit Repair Again!!

tag
creditscore780
New Contributor

Starting Credit Repair Again!!

Hello Fico family, well it's been a while! I started repairing my credit a few months ago but fell off when my Grandmother fell ill I was more focused on her then she passed away and I didn't take it very well. So now I'm ready to get the ball rolling agin. I have got alerts along the way that my score went up down and up again, still not anywhere near where I need them to be. My Equifax is at 498 as of today so I nned all the help I can get. I'm going to print off my score report now then go over it with a fine tooth comb.

Starting Score: 432
Current Score: 573
Goal Score: 780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Starting Credit Repair Again!!

So sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Yes it hard to get back to credit repairing after taking a break,but glad to have you back again.

Let us know if we can helpSmiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A suggested plan for your CR review.

Dont look at your CR in terms of accounts,  Look at it in terms of each delinquency and derog in your CR.

Focus first ONLY on monthly delinquencies on each OC account.

List each deliquency on each OC account by date and severity (e.g., 30-day late 5/2005; 60-day late 6/2005, etc)

Add 7 years to each idiv delinquency, and you have a complete summary of when each delinquency individually drops from your CR.

After doing that, then turn to each charge-off and collection in your CR.

The single date to identify for each CO and CA is the date of first monthly delinquency on the OC account that preceded the CO or CA.  Just go back to the list of OC account delinquencies already compliled, and locate that date.  Add 180 days to that DOFD, and the OC or CA must drop from your CR after 7 years from this date.

There are, of course, other considerations to make, such as the effect of your SOL, but I suggest you first make this lising of all OC and CA deliquecies in your credit report, and thus  be able to quickly prioritize how to deal with each.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gosh, that sucks. I find whenever my was doing badly in my personal life I just spent more and more. Perhaps to make up for it or something.

I had a break as well when I had a personal incident (I dont want to discuss publicly), but you can get back on it, just takes a bit of discipline and patience.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.