Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting My Credit Repair Journey...Overwhelmed and Need Advice

tag
itspnutbutterkellytime
Regular Contributor

Starting My Credit Repair Journey...Overwhelmed and Need Advice

I have been reading through this forum for about a month now and have found so much helpful advice! I wanted to go ahead and post my own credit situation in hopes of getting more personalized adviced on where to go from here. Honestly, I'm pretty overwhelmed. I messed up my credit a couple of years ago because I was young and new to credit. Anyway, I'm in a much better situation now with a full time job. Here is a snap shot of what my current credit sitatuation looks like: 

Account Details (Sprint Collections settled and paid. Transunion just put this back onto my report but I have disputed with them. Waiting for them to update)

Account Details (This is the credit one card. I'm paying $190/month until Dec)

Current FICO scores are EQ: 524, EX: 570 TU: 571     Thank you for taking the time to read this! Any advice is appreciated! Smiley Sad

FICO8 Scores as of 2022 MAY 18:

FICO Auto 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:

FICO Bankcard 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Starting My Credit Repair Journey...Overwhelmed and Need Advice

I can give you a bit of a cheering squad. My scores were all around your EQ in early 2015. Even with taking a couple of breaks from working on credit, I still have gotten to the point of having no collections and scores from 688 to 704 now. I think of it as a mountain you are moving one stone at a time. Eventually the mountain will get moved! One think I found was that even with all those I simply paid or settled without a PFD in place almost all dropped off well before the 7.5 year mark. I don't think anyone here will recommend that as a first choice but when I was paying them I did not realize that your FICO score does not care whether or not they are paid once in collections. I am fortunate it worked so well for me. You will get more concrete advice from others, I think, but I did want you to know that you can dig your way out of this, and maybe sooner than you dared hope.

Message 2 of 4
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

If collections are paid doesn't mean they have to be removed, it is determined by your states statue of reporting, I would do GW letters, emails, or calling to try and get the paid collections removed by the CA , hopefully you can get to the right person who is nice enough to remove them but don't give up if they tell you it can't be done because it can. Plus you need to get your c/c utilization down, it is suggested between 6 to-10% at the most.

Message 3 of 4
itspnutbutterkellytime
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the support! Smiley Happy

FICO8 Scores as of 2022 MAY 18:

FICO Auto 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:

FICO Bankcard 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.