cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting My Journey

tag
frankenc

Starting My Journey

Hi all! I'm just starting my credit repair journey, and am so grateful I found this forum.

I wrecked my credit back in 2007, using cards to finance a failed business. Didn't think I'd ever use credit again, but now my life is back on track and we're even thinking of buying a house. Hence, credit repair.

I'm past the SoL in my state, but have two big accounts with Asset Acceptance that are weighing me down. I'm going to try PFD with them and see how it goes - I'll be sure to document the process here.

I also have something on Chex Systems. It's not affecting my FICO, but it causes problems when I get checking accounts. They're all in my DW's name right now, but it would be nice to have one eventually. I've got my Chex Systems report on order.

I also have a medical charge from two years back, when my dental practice was sold to another dentist and they incorrectly billed my insurance. The OC can't get it back from the CA so I'm going to try a PFD there, as well.

Going to try to put things on the fast-track, because we've found a neat foreclosure house and have got the remodeling itch.

Starting Score: 646
Current Score: 646
Goal Score: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

May 2013 / 646 FICO
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Starting My Journey

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
germese1975
Regular Contributor

Re: Starting My Journey

Good Luck! Once you get started, it becomes an obsession!

Gardening as of: 23 JUL 2017 / FICO 8 (As of 14 Jul 2017): EQ: 663, TU: 723, EX: 680

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.