Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Over - My Rebuild Journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Starting Over - My Rebuild Journey

I haven't but both of them are paid. I thought that when you pay the collection you usually can't get them to remove it afterwards? Or am I wrong about that?

One was with Sprint through ERC but it should fall off at the end of this year.

The other is a medical one that I paid recently but I should've asked for a PFD. I kind of wasn't snooping around here as much as I should've been to realize that but that one is with Business and Professionals.

If you think me sending a GW to both would maybe get them off I'm more than willing to give it a shot.
Message 11 of 24
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I would work on the GW for the medical (research HIPAA) and request early exclusion for the one dropping off this year.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Do I contact the reporting agencies to get the early exclusion or the collection agency?
Message 13 of 24
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

The CRA's. Typically TU will be the first to remove at 6 months, then Experian around 2-3 months and Equifax at 1-2 months. Sometimes it takes more than 1 attempt.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it! I'll definitely get with them and see if they can get it removed for me. I know it would most likely help a little and then if RBFCU helps me out I'll be clear.

Message 15 of 24
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Good luck! How old and how late were the lates with the CU?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

The holiday loan I took out with them was back in late-2013 that had some late payments. Then the credit card I had with them was at the same time with late payments which they eventually closed the card but I continued to make payments on it until the balance was paid in full.

Then the car loans that I had with them were early-2013 and early-2014 that had some late payments on them as well.

It's been over 2 1/2 years since I've had a late fee with anyone including them as well.
Message 17 of 24
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

If they were all 30-60 day lates, they aren't really affecting your score much at this point. I would concentrate on the others first. If you can get a GW from the CU, awesome, but if not, don't stress about it

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the vehicle loans, personal loan, and credit card had 90 day lates reported. I mean, if they do get rid of them then I'll be happy and if they don't it's ok with me.

I know it isn't causing issues between me and them at the moment since they have been awesome this past month for me.
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update!

I spoke with consumer lending at RBFCU about the refinancing loan that I had applied for back in March. They had the stipulation that they wouldn't pay over what the retail trade-in value was on the vehicle.

Which resulted in it being that I would've needed to pay about $3900 to cover the negative equity.

Called then today since I knew they had new information and pulled credit report. Asked if they would remove the stipulation and BOOM... ACCEPTED!

It's not necessarily the greatest rate in the world but it cuts my rate in half of what it is right now. Going from 15.6% to 8.8% and it's good that they will toss GAP insurance on there for me.

Takes my car payment down $100, so I couldn't be happier!
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.