Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Over - My Rebuild Journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Starting Over - My Rebuild Journey

UPDATE!

I went into my CU this morning and finalized my refinance loan. SO GLAD to finally get that over with and now I am just focused on gardening for awhile to get other CLI's and to pay off some debt.

Hoping to see a big increase from paying off Walmart and my Cap1 cards. Of course I just did a cash advance and put them on my credit card I have with my CU but I assume that those reporting at a UTI of 90% to now 0% will help me out.
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update!!!

I decided to consolidate my credit card debt and use the recent opened cards with RBFCU to basically cover all of that debt. Both cards have $5k limits and each card will carry about $3200 of debt. I plan on making $300 payments on both and with their intro APR on cash advances I should have both paid off by May of next year before the APR would go up!

Then going forward during that time I plan that if I use any of the other cards I'll PIF each time.

Hope it boosts my scores! I know it's more ideal to have one card with a balance but my limits don't allow that right now. On the plus side it'll look good in the CU's eyes.
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would have never done that. That will not help your scores. It's going to drop your score for being over 9% utilization. 

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

My utilization right now is at 16% across the board for everything. It's still not terrible but easier for me to carry all the debt on a card that'll give me 3.9% vs. the range of 18% to 23% APR.
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.