Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Today!

tag
azsassycat
Frequent Contributor

Starting Today!

I pulled "fresh" FICO scores and my three credit reports this morning. Not quite as bad as I thought but I still have some work to do. I will update with a more complete picture once I have a chance to analyze my credit reports over the next day or two. My FICO scores as of today are EQ 578 EX 561 and TU 589. My first goal is 600s across the board and then 620 to help us qualify for a mortgage. Excited to be on this journey and learning from everyone here!

~ Cathleen

10/22/07 (FICO) EQ 544 EX 520 TU 518
03/04/08 (FICO) EQ 606 EX 599 TU 601
04/24/08 (FICO) EQ 600 EX 580 TU 608
06/02/15 (FICO) EQ 578 EX 561 TU 589
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Starting Today!

good luck cathleen!

in the same boat, starting on this journey and it's exciting to be proactive and finally take control!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on starting your new credit journey !!! Remember, it's an endurance race, not a sprint. I think you'll be able to get over 600 easily, and 620 should not be too difficult. It really depends on how old your derogs are, who their with, and what kind they are (CC, medical, student loans, etc...). I'm going to bet you'll be surprised how quickly you can meet your initial goals. Just don't get down if you reach a wall at some point in the future. Everyone does. It usually starts out quickly, getting some derogs removed, scores jumping up, and than you get to the 2nd stage where things slow down, as you have some derogs that your having issues with. It happens. Just stay in the game. In a few short year's, everything will be positive, and you'll be looking at 750+ goals. Best of luck. Keep us updated.
Message 3 of 6
stickbowbuilder
New Contributor

welcome aboard!!! you should see your 620 pretty easy!. great advice on these boards and good people. keep us updated on your journey!

April 15 2015 EQ 630.. rebuild credit journey, zero baddies, 13 year credit age, 4 years aa. current scores June 1 - EQ 709, EX 679, TU 754. in the garden til 10/15.. venture card is in my sights!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cathleen!

I'm glad to see you're taking proactive steps to obtain a better credit!

I hope to see the results of your credit investigations, and hope that I and the rest of this community can offer you some sound advice on how to achieve your goals!

Can't wait!

Message 5 of 6
silverbimmer04
Regular Contributor

I'm already saying congrats to you for taking the necessary steps to get to your goals !!!  It can be achieved through your efforts... It is a process and a long one at times, but don't give up... You have the tenacity to change your situation !!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.