Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting from Scratch & Need Help Desperately

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting from Scratch & Need Help Desperately

Hey everyone,

I'm literally on step one of figuring out how to pay down my debt and start to even think about being able to rebuild. 

Currently my score is in the low 500's (I can't believe I'm saying that I'm so ashamed.) 

I have around $5,000 in student loan debt, and around $14,000 in CC debt that I need to figure out the best way to pay down and start rebuilding. I can't afford a lot for payments, and the debt collectors are constantly calling both my work and cell phone threatening me. I don't even know what I'm asking for but even after seeing all the messages on this forum I feel like I'm never going to be able to figure ANYTHING out and get my life back in order. I don't know where to turn. My inability to pay toward everything has been close to three years and I'm at my whits end. Any help would be super appreciated. 

Thanks in advance,

B

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Starting from Scratch & Need Help Desperately

My first advice is this: Answer the phone. That was my first step. 

Talk to them, see what they can offer you. Especially the CC debt. Most are willing to work with you to an extent. Ask for validation of the debt (if they're collections) and go from there. See if they will offer PFD to remove it from your credit reports. 

I started around ~520 about a year and a half ago. I'm mid 600s now, and with the help of this board, am about to have 2 collections drop off several years before they were due. 

Put the work into it. If you can pay $10, you can only pay $10. Do what you can, though. You got this. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.