Did you mean: 

Starting my Journey

tag
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

Re: Starting my Journey

@alexl22 wrote:

UPDATE:

So I got approved for a Amazon card for 600, which will bring my revolving CL to 1500 with my Wells fargo secured card 500 and Walmart card 400. I read somewhere that having multiple credit cards and using responsibly and keeping a utl of around 9% will help me in the long run. Just signed up for Equifax's score watch and my Eq Fico is 639, when i started around a month ago it was in the mid 500 as were my other two. Equifax is my best one I believe. I will find out my TU from walmart and experian from psecu in june so will will see.

Congrats on your recent success! Your gonna love that amazon store card! Keep that util. LOW, & those payments HIGH!Smiley Very Happy You're on your way to credit SUCCESS!!!

Message 21 of 25
cmd0906
New Contributor

@alexl22 wrote:

Just signed the papers for my first car loan! My credit union made the process very easy and I go to pick up the car tomorrow!

WOW!!!
First off, CONGRATS on your sobriety!!!! HATS OFF TO YOU!!!
You've accomplished a lot in such a short period of time. Very inspiring as I am also trying to rebuild. May I ask what your credit score was at the time you applied or was approved for the Walmart card? I really want to apply but is afraid of denial of course.  Great job and congrats on all of your approvals.

Message 22 of 25
alexl22
Regular Contributor

At the time of the walmart card I'd say high 500's low 600's on TU, I had my secured card for 4 months using it a lot and paying off immediately. I was also very nervous about applying and it was my first real approval, I actually didn't know you could get denied for a secure card at the time I got mine lol.

Starting Score: myFICO TU: 542, myFICO EQ: 556 EX: 549 (03/2013)
Current Score: 729 TU, EQ: 702, EX 724

Message 23 of 25
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Congrats on your successful start in your journey! Please keep us posted as you progress. You are an inspiration!!!!

Message 24 of 25
demario02
New Visitor

If you do not mind, could you forward me that  letter?

Btw, congrats on your journey thus far!!

Thank you,

D

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.