cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting my credit rebuild and hitting the ground running!! All advice welcomed.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting my credit rebuild and hitting the ground running!! All advice welcomed.

Hello All,

Im new to the site and Im just getting into the rebuilding of my credit. Im excited for all of the knowledge I can gain from this forum.

A few details:

I need to run my score again to get my fico score. I was made aware of the "Fako" score (Freecreditreport.com, CreditKarma.com) and I have fell victim to it. My freecreditreport.com experian is a 658, my creditkarma.com transunion is a 668. It started at a 601 and shot up after I paid a few things off which I will list in a bit. I fell victim because when I went to refinance my car which is threw capitalone, my credit union reported back to me with a 562 experian, and when I considered trading it in, the dealership came back with a 572 transunion. Smiley Mad

The things I have listed on my report is as follows:

Car Note: 14,534 in debt, (car is only valued at 9,000) 

2010 Nissan Altima with 92,000 miles (because my wife doesnt now how to sit still)

21.9% Interest rate!! Man Sad With a little over 3 years left to pay.

5 delinquencies on the account which I just disputed after recieving a print out about my payments which I feel good that 2-All of them may be removed.

All delinquencies were no more the 30 days.

Sallie Mae Loan: 3,625 in debt but I recently paid it off. (which is why my Fako score jumped)

From 2005 School Loan

2 Delinquencies of 180 days... But once again its paid off, though I know its still a negative impact.

Called to try to work out something but Sallie Mae didnt budge.

Doctors Bill: $152 Also paid.

From 2005 Injury where I didnt return the xrays Smiley Embarassed

In collections.

Called, Paid, Called back and got it removed 8/25/14 (yet to show on my report)

All other accounts are either paid 100% with no delinquencies, or paid with delinquencies but over 7 years old so I believe they are positive accounts. My ideal situation would be to trade my car in for a foreign car with less miles. I do make pretty decent money and have been on my job 3 years. Or I will settle for but not be 100% satified with a refinance which I was approved for but didnt agree to due to the low score but it would be reduced to 8.9% which will reduce my payment $50 a month. Also, I want to work towards getting a fairly new house in the next couple years.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!!! (I will run my fico score once I feel as though the dispute and removal will be updated so I can get a real number)

THANKS GUYS AND IM EXCITED FOR THE FUTURE OF GOOD CREDIT!!! 700 HERE I COME!!! LOL

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Starting my credit rebuild and hitting the ground running!! All advice welcomed.

My advice would be to get a Secured Credit Card. Look at Bank of America Secured Card and Merrick Bank Secured Card. The BOA card will graduate to a non-secured with at least 6 months of good payment history.

You could try the Captial One Quick Silver Card but, don't apply for anything else unless it's a secured cause the more you apply the more you will ding your score.

Send GW letters to SallieMae and any other accounts that you have reporting late. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.