cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting my journey!!! T-Mobile and Diversified Consultants, Inc (DCI Collect)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting my journey!!! T-Mobile and Diversified Consultants, Inc (DCI Collect)

Hi all myFICO members,

I just recently learned of this site and after reading all this past weekend and the last couple days, I decided to join the community!  I recently moved, found a decent job that I'm enjoying, and I want to get a fresh start on things.  Then I saw my Equifax Credit Score at 481 and that hit me hard.  I found a few baddies, which include 2 student loans that have missed payments on (which I already started paying last week), and this T-Mobile account in collections.

Reading all the success stories in this forum and community has restored some hope in getting these things addressed and cleanup my credit reports.  I'm willing to pay in full all these accounts, so I'm seeking help from the community to guide me into how to get these items, in this case, the T-Mobile account, removed from the Credit Report Agencies (bear with me I'm still learning the acronyms).

Here is what my CreditKarma shows:

Last Reported 	Aug 31, 2015
Creditor Name 	T-MOBILE USA INC.
Account Type 	Telecommunications/Cellular
Account Status 	Open
Opened Date 	Jun 07, 2007
Closed Date 	--
Limit 	--
Term 	--
Monthly Payment 	--
Responsibility 	Individual Account.
Balance 	$1,152
Highest Balance 	$1,160
Payment Status 	Collection/Charge-Off
Worst Payment Status 	--
Date of Last Payment 	Aug 01, 2014
Amount Past Due 	$1,152
Times 30/60/90 Days Late	0/0/0
Remarks 	Collection account

First of all, this is a legitimate debt.  I have called T-Mobile several times, every time getting referred to the Collections Agency, which happens to be Diversified Consultants, Inc, or DCI Collect as it is known in some places.  

Needless to say, I have called DCI three times already, and every single time, the person I have talked to has been extremely rude, disrespectful, and not willing to work with me on a Pay for Delete (PFD) agreement.  During one of the calls, I got to talk to the representative's manager and he was even more condescending, rude, and not willing to talk to me because I had already called twice before and the information that he could give me was exactly the same.  He also mentioned that if I didnt' pay by tomorrow, that they would again report it to all Credit Report Bureaus, which at this point I'm not sure what to believe from DCI.

So in summary, T-Mobile will not work with me and they keep referring me to DCI.  DCI will not do a PFD or remove this from the Credit Reports, even if I do a PIF.  Hence, I'm stuck and do not know what to do.  

I have read about Goodwill Letters and people emailing the CEO/President of T-Mobile (or other OCs) directly.  However, I cannot find a single email, contact information, phone number, or anything what-so-ever that can help me achieve what I want, which is getting this completely removed from all my 3 Credit Reports.

Can someone please help?  Let me know if there is any additional information that I can provide.  I will be monitoring this thread closely so I ensure prompt replies.

Thanks again!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Starting my journey!!! T-Mobile and Diversified Consultants, Inc (DCI Collect)

i literally just resolved a debt with tmobile tonight here is what i did, but im also a current existing tmobile customer.

(Mod Cut-Direct contact info is not allowed to be posted)

Hello Mr. Legere

I have been a T-Mobile customer for quite some time, and I have recently run my credit report as I’m in the process of buying a house. My credit report is showing an outstanding balance of $197, I have called T-Mobile numerous time to try and figure out where this balance comes from, with no success. I still have active service, and in good standings with T-Mobile to this day.

My account number Is xxxxxxxxxxx

If there is anything that you could do to help me correct this situation, I would be forever greatly appreciative.

Thank you for your time and effort, a Happy but confused customer

Anthony Daxxxxx

withing 24 hrs i received a call from 

Jimmie Pikula
Executive Response
Office of the President/CEO
(Mod Cut)

she explained to me that i use to be what they called a flex pay customer, then they converted me to some other type of customer, and that if i was willing to pay my debt $162 that they would, not only consider the debt settled but she would also contact the CA and have them delete all reporting of this bill, and she would send me a letter stating all this would be done, i couldnt pay it fast enough. not only was she willing to delete the bad ever existed, she abolised all the collection charges... she was great, very friendly, extremly helpful... 

her email after payment...

October 13, 2014

Re:         T-Mobile Account:xxxxxxx

Dear Mr. Davexxxxxxx

T-Mobile has agreed to delete all negative reporting with a payment of $162.02 for the account referenced above.  We received the payment from you on October 13, 2015 and the confirmation for the payment is xxxxxxxxxx.  We have requested the credit agencies delete all negative reporting with T-Mobile for you.  Please be advised that it can take up to 90 days for the reporting to be fully deleted. Please feel free to reach out to me at the information below if you have any questions or concerns regarding this issue.

Very truly yours,

T-MOBILE USA, INC.

hope this help you 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Starting my journey!!! T-Mobile and Diversified Consultants, Inc (DCI Collect)

here is a link i used to get the higher ups emails, i emailed them all my email above 

http://elliott.org/company-contacts/t-mobile/

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW @smalls92, that is amazing!  I'm no longer a customer with T-Mobile but I'll certainly try this tomorrow and see what kind of response I get.

Congrats on getting that removed from all Credit Reports! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

good luck on your journey, and welcome to the road to recovery 

tomorrow i start on comcast 

Message 5 of 10
Charger2014
Valued Member

Thanks for all the links guys. I have sent a letter via snail mail and email. for T-Mobile and DCI, I had already paid last year DCI but didnt know about PFD. Hopefully it will work as I have been with T-Mobile for several years after I had an account charged off and I paid it back...

Thanks! 

Gardening since...Oh look credit application! Seriously need some self control.

Message 6 of 10
Charger2014
Valued Member

SUCCCESSS!!!!!

Thanks to this thread I contacted T-Mobile and they agree to delete all negative reporting! Thank you! 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Charger2014!  That is awesome news!!!

Can you post all the details of exactly what you did?  Who you sent the email to?  What number did you call?

I'm curious to know if you did exactly what smalls92 posted.  Smiley Happy

Anyways, GREAT JOB!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

follow the contact link i posted, they are unbelievably easy and friendly to work with, just be nice and yu'll get a long ways ..

Message 9 of 10
Charger2014
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

follow the contact link i posted, they are unbelievably easy and friendly to work with, just be nice and yu'll get a long ways ..

Exactly as smalls did! Just be nice and explain to them what happened via email, the proccess was very smooth and the guy was happy that I was back to T-Mobile even after the collection. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.