Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting my journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting my journey

Hello Everyone, i am new to the forums, i recently just started carring about my score when i notice it was affecting loan approvals. I just enrolled in the 3 report monitoring program. I have been exploring many different threads and topics on rebuilding, credit cards and etc. It is really nice to see how people come back from a bad point in life and now there sitting much higher. This is my financial/Credit situation

5 years of credit history

5 Revolving Credit cards ( $100 macy, (2) Cap1 Secured cards $200 limit, Cap1 Platnium Classic card $500, CreditOneBank $300 <- terrible card but i wanted more in the portfolio. Low limits, i really need a higher limit card, my platnium classic is in the credit steps program im hoping to get double increase. 

Also wondering when i should apply for QuickSilver one, not pre-qualified yet.

Derogatories ( 3)  $800 bestbuy which is now in the hands of Midland credit ( going to try to do a PFD letter this week - which might fail but worth a try

Wright Patt Credit Union 1 PIF close shows was a charge off  , 1 $580 not paid, but sending a PFD. Hoping they might budge

Late payments 9 on TU, 25 on EXP  from ( Macys, Bestbuy, Student loans<- dont know why might have to call there in deferement right now for another year)

Utilization is high sitting at 60% total, i will be lowing it completely with my next check.

I know over a long time with on time payments i can achieve higher scores but i know Midland Credit is horrible when dealing with deletion and im just wondering is it even worth dealing with and just pay it off.

My scores 607 eq 631 TU 606exp

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Starting my journey

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone, i am new to the forums, i recently just started carring about my score when i notice it was affecting loan approvals. I just enrolled in the 3 report monitoring program. I have been exploring many different threads and topics on rebuilding, credit cards and etc. It is really nice to see how people come back from a bad point in life and now there sitting much higher. This is my financial/Credit situation

5 Revolving Credit cards ( $100 macy, (2) Cap1 Secured cards $200 limit, Cap1 Platnium Classic card $500, CreditOneBank $300 <- terrible card but i wanted more in the portfolio. Low limits, i really need a higher limit card, my platnium classic is in the credit steps program im hoping to get double increase. 

Also wondering when i should apply for QuickSilver one, not pre-qualified yet. I would wait for the results of your efforts on the baddies, utilization in check no more than 1 card reporting less than 10% of its CL and the others at 0 and you may have to close out a few Cap-1 cards for them to issue another rebuilder to you, the secured cards are what I would close if necessary.

Derogatories ( 3)  $800 bestbuy which is now in the hands of Midland credit ( going to try to do a PFD letter this week - which might fail but worth a try

Wright Patt Credit Union 1 PIF close shows was a charge off  , 1 $580 not paid, but sending a PFD. Hoping they might budge

Late payments 9 on TU, 25 on EXP  from ( Macys, Bestbuy, Student loans<- dont know why might have to call there in deferement right now for another year)

Utilization is high sitting at 60% total, i will be lowing it completely with my next check.

I know over a long time with on time payments i can achieve higher scores but i know Midland Credit is horrible when dealing with deletion and im just wondering is it even worth dealing with and just pay it off.   I would send GW letters to the creditors reporting the lates asking for forgiveness as long as its not any of the COed accounts thats reporting them. Student loans in deferrment cannot be late I would send the creditor a direct dispute on that.   

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Direct-dispute/td-p/2309095

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did have one question, i have a CA agency trying to collect for a Paypal Account that is not even reporting to my 3 credit reports, can that show up later? 

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I did have one question, i have a CA agency trying to collect for a Paypal Account that is not even reporting to my 3 credit reports, can that show up later? 

Yes, it could show up *any* time.

Message 4 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, it could show up *any* time.

+1 and I would be contacting them to make an offer of full payment in exchange for NOT reporting it on your CRs.

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks, i will make sure its in writing as well

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Also wondering when i should apply for QuickSilver one, not pre-qualified yet. I would wait for the results of your efforts on the baddies, utilization in check no more than 1 card reporting less than 10% of its CL and the others at 0 and you may have to close out a few Cap-1 cards for them to issue another rebuilder to you, the secured cards are what I would close if necessary.

I know over a long time with on time payments i can achieve higher scores but i know Midland Credit is horrible when dealing with deletion and im just wondering is it even worth dealing with and just pay it off.   I would send GW letters to the creditors reporting the lates asking for forgiveness as long as its not any of the COed accounts thats reporting them. Student loans in deferrment cannot be late I would send the creditor a direct dispute on that.   

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Direct-dispute/td-p/2309095

if i close my two capital secured cards, will my Credit Score go down ? or should i just keep this at $0 for awhile

Message 7 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

if i close my two capital secured cards, will my Credit Score go down ? or should i just keep this at $0 for awhile

If your utilization percentage rises yes it may drop, if your util is in order then no. I would not close these unless you had to to get ano Cap-1 card.

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

My score jumped up 16pts and 20pts because of utlization went down crazy how much it affects.

Also, looks like Citi updated one of my collections to $0 on error, and they sold it to Midland, i wonder if i pay midland, when they update the info again and my score go down ?

Message 9 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

My score jumped up 16pts and 20pts because of utlization went down crazy how much it affects.

Also, looks like Citi updated one of my collections to $0 on error, and they sold it to Midland, i wonder if i pay midland, when they update the info again and my score go down ?

Its possible if the entry hasnt reported for a few months or more,

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.