Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting my rebuild with Sears/Citi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting my rebuild with Sears/Citi

I'm ready to start rebuilding my credit.  I have lots to work on, but I thought the easiest would be a Sears/Citi GW.  This account is currently being serviced by Client Services.  I believe that Sears/Citi still own the debt because I set up a payment plan years ago when it first went into collections and Sears/Citi shows an updated balance on the account each month.  I'm down to oweing $900 on a $7000 debt.  Do you think it is possible to get a GW to clean up my report before it's paid off?  Should I offer to pay in full the final lump sum instead of the monthly $200 payments?  Every payment has been autodebited and none have been late.

I'm interested in your thoughts.

Chris

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Starting my rebuild with Sears/Citi

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm ready to start rebuilding my credit.  I have lots to work on, but I thought the easiest would be a Sears/Citi GW.  This account is currently being serviced by Client Services.  I believe that Sears/Citi still own the debt because I set up a payment plan years ago when it first went into collections and Sears/Citi shows an updated balance on the account each month.  I'm down to oweing $900 on a $7000 debt.  Do you think it is possible to get a GW to clean up my report before it's paid off?  Should I offer to pay in full the final lump sum instead of the monthly $200 payments?  Every payment has been autodebited and none have been late.

I'm interested in your thoughts.

Chris

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

It is normal to wait until you complete the payoff before requesting GW. If you can afford to pay it off and want to try and get the GW as fast as possible then that would be your decision to make.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.