Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting on the credit rebuilding journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting on the credit rebuilding journey

Hello all,

First off I just wanted to say how thankful I am to all of the contributors and information this site provides. I am new to this forum but have scowered a lot of posts and found them quite helpful. I started trying to fix my credit in September of last year. I was unaware of this site and all the great information when I began. I'll spare all the sob info and keep it short. Basiclly in 2014 I had a home I rented along with a couple and everything was in my name. Long story short they ended up moving out without notice and I was left to foot the bills. I kept afloat as long as I could but I reached a point where I just couldnt rob peter to pay paul anymore and my credit tanked. Last September found myself in a better finacial position and started paying off charge offs in full on my credit report thinking this would recify the damage. I called each one and asked them to remove the collection and I would pay the account. Of course i got the typical we cant do that response but I still wanted to at least pay what I owed so I did. I paid off 5 charge offs. I still have 3 that I couldnt afford to take care of at that time. I would like to take care of these now and was hoping to get advice on the best ways to resolve these from this community. I use CK as a guide and have pulled my CR's from TU and EQ. Currently CK reports my score as 618.  I sent a GW request last week to Afni for an AT&t bill I paid last September. They were kind enough to email me a response stating they will request a deletion with the CRA's. So I am hoping to see an increse soon. I also have an open medical collection reporting from 2015 from Med Data Systems with a $513 balance. I disputed this last September and it came back verified. There was an issue with my insurance denying payment because they said I was not covered on that date. I made close to 30 calls trying to figure out why over the last 3 weeks. The insurance company called me and stated whoever was responsible for putting my info in when I applied never finished putting everything in the system . The rep told me they updated it to show I had retro coverage for the date of the ER visit. I waited until the system updated to show covereage and I called the hospital. They sent the claim to the insurance co. for payment last week. I am waiting for that to finish and hopefully once its complete it will be removed from my credit report.

I have another Med Data System CO that I paid in full last Sept so I am waiting for the Open one to be resolved before sending a GW letter for this one to be removed.

I have 2 credit cards in good standing

Wells Fargo secured ($300) opened 9/16 with a balance of $79. I plan on increasing my deposit next week to increase the limit to $1000 since I havent had it long enough to change to unsecured. Never had a late payment.

Also have a Comenity Bank card $400 limit opened in 2013 with a 0 balance

( one 60 day late payment reported 8/2014) 

I have had one CO deleted by disputing and they were not able to verify.

I have an open collection from Diversified Consultants last reported 2/2017

OC Directv

Balance $649

( I plan on sending a PFD Monday)

They just purchesed this debt in January and its within the SOL

The other account I am trying to tackle is a Capital One CO from 2015 

Balance $423

I received a settlement offer from Client Services for $172 that expires on 3/19

Can anyone offer insight on the best way to deal with Diversified Consultants and Capital One? From what I have read on here they are next to impossible to negotiate PFD's. I am willing to pay the balances in full but I am trying to avoid the "paid CO"

I apoligize for the novel but any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Starting on the credit rebuilding journey

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

First off I just wanted to say how thankful I am to all of the contributors and information this site provides. I am new to this forum but have scowered a lot of posts and found them quite helpful. I started trying to fix my credit in September of last year. I was unaware of this site and all the great information when I began. I'll spare all the sob info and keep it short. Basiclly in 2014 I had a home I rented along with a couple and everything was in my name. Long story short they ended up moving out without notice and I was left to foot the bills. I kept afloat as long as I could but I reached a point where I just couldnt rob peter to pay paul anymore and my credit tanked. Last September found myself in a better finacial position and started paying off charge offs in full on my credit report thinking this would recify the damage. I called each one and asked them to remove the collection and I would pay the account. Of course i got the typical we cant do that response but I still wanted to at least pay what I owed so I did. I paid off 5 charge offs. I still have 3 that I couldnt afford to take care of at that time. I would like to take care of these now and was hoping to get advice on the best ways to resolve these from this community. I use CK as a guide and have pulled my CR's from TU and EQ. Currently CK reports my score as 618.  I sent a GW request last week to Afni for an AT&t bill I paid last September. They were kind enough to email me a response stating they will request a deletion with the CRA's. So I am hoping to see an increse soon. I also have an open medical collection reporting from 2015 from Med Data Systems with a $513 balance. I disputed this last September and it came back verified. There was an issue with my insurance denying payment because they said I was not covered on that date. I made close to 30 calls trying to figure out why over the last 3 weeks. The insurance company called me and stated whoever was responsible for putting my info in when I applied never finished putting everything in the system . The rep told me they updated it to show I had retro coverage for the date of the ER visit. I waited until the system updated to show covereage and I called the hospital. They sent the claim to the insurance co. for payment last week. I am waiting for that to finish and hopefully once its complete it will be removed from my credit report.

I have another Med Data System CO that I paid in full last Sept so I am waiting for the Open one to be resolved before sending a GW letter for this one to be removed.

I have 2 credit cards in good standing

Wells Fargo secured ($300) opened 9/16 with a balance of $79. I plan on increasing my deposit next week to increase the limit to $1000 since I havent had it long enough to change to unsecured. Never had a late payment.

Also have a Comenity Bank card $400 limit opened in 2013 with a 0 balance

( one 60 day late payment reported 8/2014) 

I have had one CO deleted by disputing and they were not able to verify.

I have an open collection from Diversified Consultants last reported 2/2017

OC Directv

Balance $649

( I plan on sending a PFD Monday)

They just purchesed this debt in January and its within the SOL

The other account I am trying to tackle is a Capital One CO from 2015 

Balance $423

I received a settlement offer from Client Services for $172 that expires on 3/19

Can anyone offer insight on the best way to deal with Diversified Consultants and Capital One? From what I have read on here they are next to impossible to negotiate PFD's. I am willing to pay the balances in full but I am trying to avoid the "paid CO"

I apoligize for the novel but any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Welcome to the forums.

If the accounts are updating monthly, then it will continue to supress your scores.

Sometimes, especially if the accounts are within the SOL it is better to take care of them if you can.  The last thing you need or want is to have a judgment added to the mix.  You have a good foundation set up for rebuilding.  If you could add one more secured account, that would give you 3 accounts which is good for the FICO scoring mix.  Also, do you have an installment loan?  If not, you might consider a secured share loan. If you take care of the Cap 1 account, they tend to be a forgiving lender and it will help you be eligible for credit products with them in the future. 

You're doing a great job so far; keep up the good work.  Sometimes we have to accept that we will not be lucky enough to get everything off our reports until the magic 7 year date, but it never hurts to ask for PFD or to GW a company; you never know, you might reach the right person. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.