Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting over....AGAIN.... Please help

tag
MichiganMommy
Frequent Contributor

Starting over....AGAIN.... Please help

I am starting over again with scores in the mid-500s. Yea, I know, they suck. The only area bringing me down is paying on time. Since I joined this group about a decade ago I have gone through a bought a house, car.... Lost a house (special handling foreclosure but it does not show up as one), lost a car (repo), pregnancy, divorce, cancer, sick child (my youngest is legally blind and has a colon disease that predispositions him to cancer). The bottom line is things have been far more DOWN then up... But God is reigning in my life and I am about to turn the corner and receive a blessing I can feel it...

I have 7 collections and most of them are stupid, below $500. I am going to make arrangemnts with all 7 of them to pay them off provided they agree to remove from report. Will that impact my score? If so, by how much?

Any other suggestions?

Thank you... MM

Updates scores...inching along. Waiting for 7 recent medical collections to fall off!! (seriously working since END of May): EX 519 TU 576 EQ 449
8-02-08 EX 644 TU 647 EQ 575...650s here I come....700club, get ready!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Starting over....AGAIN.... Please help

First, sorry for all of the struggles you have had. I wish you the best moving forward! You are on the right track with how to handle the collections. If they PFD and come off your report, it will give a positive impact to your score for each one. Hard to tell by how much, but if 7 are removed there would likely be a huge score boost.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 4
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

You're going through a lot!  You have my sympathies for your troubles.  Life can be brutal.  A big ol cyber-hug heading your way.

Message 3 of 4
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I had a CA on my report that showed up for an account that had been paid long in the past.  It cost me 35 points.  When they removed it, I gained all 35 back.  I think I was in the low 600's at the time.  You should see a nice boost.

Keep at them and work it hard.  Heart

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.