Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting over need some advise

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting over need some advise

Hello everyboby

I have been working on my credit for about six yeas now and have everything paid and cleaned up, no collections,no derogatory,no public records,no Inquiries. I have one cc from first premier( i know i dislike them two)about two years old now,i have gone to the cap 1 prequalification web page and get this

Congratulations we think you.ll like this pre-qualified card offer

Quicksilver Rewards o% intro apr untill Nov 2016 18.24% variable after

we also suggest Venture Rewards 18.24% variable apr,AF 0 first year then $59
i did not pick rewards cards,picked not sure

it seens like most ppl get the Quicksilver 1 and platinum,does this look right?
I would like to have 1 or two cc so i can get rid of first premier.
Don't have my fico yet but ck has 725 and 731 and credit.com has 812 and 738! don't know what that is.My Utilization is high right now at 49%,plan to pay it down to under 10% next week should i try now or next week after i pay it down? or would it make any difference

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ORllyNao
Regular Contributor

Re: Starting over need some advise

Looks like you are pre-approved for a Quicksilver, which is better than Quicksilver One becuase it has no annual fee and is considered more of a "prime" card. Quicksilver One and Platinum are "subprime" cards for people with lower scores, baddies on the reports, etc., and your scores are high enough for you to qualify for the better cards. Congrats!

FICO 8 | March 2023
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info.

Message 3 of 6
jbsea
Established Contributor

Yes you are able to skip the the QS1.  It is a good card and it should grow with you.  I would take it.  You might want to check Chase also.  If you want any of there cards I would get them first.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead and tried the quicksiler and WOW they approved me for a cl of 5k did not think i would get 500 lol must have done something right,thanks everybody for the help and all the great info here.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I went ahead and tried the quicksiler and WOW they approved me for a cl of 5k did not think i would get 500 lol must have done something right,thanks everybody for the help and all the great info here.

Now if travel rewards would be useful, apply for the Venture card - it has a minimum starting limit of $5K.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.