Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting over

tag
Jolynn6
Established Member

Starting over

Trying to rebuild after our 2010 bankruptcy. I just bought our house in June, van in July. I have school loans on income based repayment which is 0.00 a month. I have a kohls card with 300 limit and lowes card with 2700. I've been decline several times buy various places but not sure who besides capital 1,Barclay,and walmart. Will I have better luck going in store to walmart? Or meijer? The only place that did offer was credit one and I've canceled that earlier. I only know my trans union score 678,right now.
What cards are good for rebuilding or would you suggest?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Starting over

My first reaction would be to concentrate on getting a major bank card rather than another store card.

That may require starting with a secured card.

Do you have any unpaid, delinquent debt that may, aside from simply your score, be the primary basis for your current declines?

Message 2 of 4
Jolynn6
Established Member

The lady from Barclay said because I didn't have a credit card.? Confused because I have those store cards. I'll take almost any card,but yes would love a card I can use anywhere...as far as I know the only debt I have is school loans current,house loan current and van current.
Message 3 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

As Robert indicated, they want to see a bank cc not store cards. I would suggest a secured card, try BoA or SDFCU
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.