cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting rebuilding my credit avec 2 years of going downhill.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting rebuilding my credit avec 2 years of going downhill.

Hi everyone!

I had an account here 3 years ago, showing off (kidding) with my approval from Penfed etc... I was still living in Switzerland and had an ITIN, got 7 credit cards, always paid in full, a 8yo credit history and score of 750ish. Unfortunately, I had more than 80k in CL....

I did move to Georgia, bought a restaurant, was dumb enough to trust employees and thinking everyone was happy and nice (i'm the only one to blame and did start going downhill after 2 months in...) Long story short, I did burn ALL my cards in a year (buying food, supplies, repairs, cash advances etc...)

Then of course, I wasn't able to pay back, got my cards closed and had to wait till 4-5 months ago to start paying back and finding arrangement with them (did shut down the restaurant, got even more low in my life and finally was able to sold the place for 50% of what I paid cash 2 years earlier). 

I didn't check my CR at all (to scared) till 2 weeks ago, and I can only see 2 cards (amex 8k and bofa 14k) on my closed accounts  (Charged off account for both of them).

I did pay off my two collections (internet and car insurance for a total of $350), I had no idea I had that on, the internet did disappear and the car insurance i'm still waiting to go off).

Experian can't find my report (prob I have nothing showing to them yet), Equifax gives me a 486 (creditkarma) and transion 0 (-524 from last week when I had my collection on).

I have payment plans with all my credit cards, small amount ($100-150 on each) but like this i'm sure I can pay that and won't have missed or returned payment.

I did apply last week for:

CITI Secured $200 - Approved

CapitalOne Secure $200 - Approved

OpenSky $200 - Approved

My mom will add me to her CapitalOne as an AU $2200 - Approved (2.2yo)

Not sure if I need to find a secured loan or something (selflender maybe) to help my score.

Thanks for your time

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Starting rebuilding my credit avec 2 years of going downhill.

You got plenty secured cards. Now, it's time to clear your bad records. Make sure you check your CS on different websites/apps. CK, WalletHub, CreditCom, myFICO, CreditWise. Don't know if you have access to BofA app and if Citi has any CS apps. But try to see what they are showing you. I'd only focus on paying my debt for the next 12-18 mo and wouldn't apply for anything.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.