Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting to get all my denials now

tag
mt2va
Established Contributor

Starting to get all my denials now

So thinking my score had improved somewhat to hit a few lower tier and/or store cards I did a little apping last week & am starting to get all my denials in. 

This one from Lowe's has me a little puzzled:

1. serious delinquency and public record or collection filed

2. number of accounts with delinquency

3. time since derogatory public record or collection

4. length of time revolving accounts have been established

5. number of inquiries on credit report

I understand #1-#3 are pretty much related to the same thing.  Nothing I can do about them but wait and wait some more and try more GW letters.  All my collection accounts have been paid in full.  Sounds like I have no shot for years and years to come at getting another CC. 

#4 puzzles me because prior to this app I pulled my TU report/score from this site and it shows my AAOA at 4+ years and my oldest account at 11+ years (not really accurate because for some reason my student loan with Sallie Mae is no longer reporting & I'm checking on that)  Granted that's not super long but it doesn't sound like I have a short history like they are trying to imply.

#5 this one really throws me because I had exactly one inquiry on my TU when I apped for Lowe's and I can't see them being that inquiry sensitive

I know each place that GEMRB backs has different criteria, but they've actually approved me for 2 other CC that I apped after Lowe's.  Also interesting that they pulled TU for Lowe's and EX for another card that I apped a couple days after. 

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Starting to get all my denials now

I've noticed a few other posters recently that have been denied and by what they posted, I don't see why.  Maybe they're fickle or something.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.