Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting to rebuild. I need help!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting to rebuild. I need help!?

Hello,

I have recently deciced to repair my credit. I need help on the best approach to get back on track and remove/ pay off accounts listed on my credit report. I have 4 baddies

Jefferson capital system (verizon) $2039, unsure of the original default date or how to go about tackling this account. It is my account. I was unable to pay due to a job loss.

AFNI (at&t) $1,522. Also unsure of the original default date, however I believe this account is coming up on 7 year mark.

Penn credit Corp (west penn power) $1254. I plan on starting payment plan on this account but I want to be sure once it is settled it is deleted.

And Comcast for 144 I plan on paying in full for a delete.

I have seen by reading to request in writing or email a DV or a PFD. Is there any sample of these letter available so I can use it to build my letter?

Any and all feed back is appreciated.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Starting to rebuild. I need help!?

I can actually help direct you to the right direction. DM me if interested. I went from low 500's to having AMEX and no baddies on my report.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello I dm you. Thanks!
Message 3 of 8
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

Afni may come off with a dispute. I disputed mine and it came off. I take it that's a cellphone company debt collector?
Message 4 of 8
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

I could use some help also. How do you dm?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it is At&t and I have disputed it, and nothing came out of it its still there.

Message 6 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Be careful with Jefferson capital system, they are quite lawsuit happy. Maybe you should try working out PFD with them 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jefferson Capital is an old verizon bill but I believe it is out of SOL. Cell phone bills are consider written contracts correct? The SOL for a written contract in PA is 4 years and I'm sure this is over the 4 year period. I'm just not sure of the DOFD. Because I believe I am coming up on the 7th year.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.